How good can Iheanacho get?

Yet more vindication of our academy and our player integration system, because psychology is part of their job.

He's the first proper product of the new academy and the likes of Marwood and Begeristain would have been bursting with pride yesterday as he announced his arrival to the football world. This is more proof of what a well run club we are now.

Exciting times.
And even more exciting is that Pep will get his hands on him whilst he is still young enough to be moulded into whatever we want.

Pep will turn him into a global superstar by his early 20s

I think we are managing fantastically. playing week in week out can break a youngster just as easy as it can make one. Owen, Pato, Rooney started to decline at about 24, Javier Saviola, Bojan(still good but not where he was "meant" to be), being just a few examples.

Ease him in, let him find his feet in English football/this team. He comes across as humble and appreciative of the opportunities he is getting already and has all the ingredients it takes to become a world class forward, we just have to continue to manage him correctly and we will reap the rewards.

If Chelsea took the same approach with Lukaku as are with Kelechi, they wouldn't have to loan in these flops and would be much better off for it.

And even more exciting is that Pep will get his hands on him whilst he is still young enough to be moulded into whatever we want.

Pep will turn him into a global superstar by his early 20s

He sends a message to young players everywhere about modern day Manchester City. We've been called the club who don't care about youth, who waste talent. Now we are making an enormous statement to the whole of football about where the club s heading.

Whilst only 19 he isn't going to be willing to sit on the bench. Maybe thats me, I could well be wrong. He's certainly started to show himself and he'll be wanting games next year.

I'm not sure he's been used enough this year. I'm all for managing the younger lads game time but there are occasions where he could have started given the injuries.

There is a reluctance to use him, I think most would agree with that. Even as a sub in some games, I'm wondering what he needs to do to get on the pitch.

But you invest what we did in Bony then he will be 3rd choice. My concern is that he won't be willing to do that if Bony stays

His movement is so natural, he has the uncanny ability to let the game go on around him, he seems to have a composure that belies his years. It is the sign of a special player to let the game go on, he knows when to not move, he did it twice yesterday, stopped suddenly and then naturally reacted to the situation. The last player with as much natural composure to play in the Premier League that I've seen was Robben when he first came to Chelsea, he had the same knack of slowing everything down at the right time.

He could be anything.

He's the kind of player who just scores. He's alert in the goal area, he makes himself available in the penalty area and give him a one-on-one yer've got to put yer shirt on him! He reminds me, dare I say it, of Andy Cole. He was another who just accumulated goals. Nothing that would have people drooling, apart from that one which Darius assisted(!), but he will turn matches. He accumulates goals and the team accumulates points!!

I disagree. There is much more to him than just scoring. Passing range aside the guy is crazy intelligent with the ball. In all honesty he remings me of a mix of Zidane and Henry. He may never be a dribbling magician nor have the close ball control of Messi, but the combination of skills he has is equally rare.

Andy Cole never had that level of technical ability either.

I'm interested to find out if his energy levels and lightning quick poacher goals are because he's currently so eager to impress. Play him enough to keep him hungry for the time being, and maybe these attributes become part of his game permanently. A prolonged spell could bring him on in leaps and bounds - a poor spell could dent his confidence. There's a balance, and you should have faith in your guys finding it, rather than moaning if he doesn't start. Not that anyone moans on here.

Well said.

That's a great post.

Whilst only 19 he isn't going to be willing to sit on the bench. Maybe thats me, I could well be wrong. He's certainly started to show himself and he'll be wanting games next year.

I'm not sure he's been used enough this year. I'm all for managing the younger lads game time but there are occasions where he could have started given the injuries.

There is a reluctance to use him, I think most would agree with that. Even as a sub in some games, I'm wondering what he needs to do to get on the pitch.

But you invest what we did in Bony then he will be 3rd choice. My concern is that he won't be willing to do that if Bony stays
You've got quite a talent, not easy to post such shite so consistently.

I think we are managing fantastically. playing week in week out can break a youngster just as easy as it can make one. Owen, Pato, Rooney started to decline at about 24, Javier Saviola, Bojan(still good but not where he was "meant" to be), being just a few examples.

Ease him in, let him find his feet in English football/this team. He comes across as humble and appreciative of the opportunities he is getting already and has all the ingredients it takes to become a world class forward, we just have to continue to manage him correctly and we will reap the rewards.

If Chelsea took the same approach with Lukaku as are with Kelechi, they wouldn't have to loan in these flops and would be much better off for it.

Yup. We have seen plenty of players who looked destined for greatness that, for one reason or another, never fulfilled that potential and being overplayed early in their career may have been a big factor. As you get older, you certainly realise that there is only so much wear and tear the human body can take.

This kid is the best I have sen come out of the youth set-up (!?) since Lakey. Some people compare him to Sturridge, for obvious reasons, but I think he is at least a level up from him. He is though still quite raw and he's a kid so needs bringing along slowly and carefully to achieve his full potential; I did leave Villa park muttering a star is born.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.