How good can Iheanacho get?

I disagree. There is much more to him than just scoring. Passing range aside the guy is crazy intelligent with the ball. In all honesty he remings me of a mix of Zidane and Henry. He may never be a dribbling magician nor have the close ball control of Messi, but the combination of skills he has is equally rare.

Andy Cole never had that level of technical ability either.

It is the combination of skills that makes him so potentially special. I think he is, as you say, a rare talent.

Whilst only 19 he isn't going to be willing to sit on the bench. Maybe thats me, I could well be wrong. He's certainly started to show himself and he'll be wanting games next year.

I'm not sure he's been used enough this year. I'm all for managing the younger lads game time but there are occasions where he could have started given the injuries.

There is a reluctance to use him, I think most would agree with that. Even as a sub in some games, I'm wondering what he needs to do to get on the pitch.

But you invest what we did in Bony then he will be 3rd choice. My concern is that he won't be willing to do that if Bony stays

Honestly I think that's 100% grade A bullshit.

He's been used plenty and not only that but it's really obvious he's been gradually introduced over the course of the season, which is good management.

Here's his game time across the season.

He's been carefully integrated into the team because he's a long term prospect and we need to look after him. It was clear yesterday that his stamina is miles ahead of where it was when he got his first league start against Norwich and he was knackered after an hour.

On top of that, I have no idea why you're being such a Mard arse about him leaving. Why the fuck would he go? There's absolutely no reason for anyone who isn't wumming to say he'd leave. Pellegrini has already said multiple times the reason Dzeko and Jovetic left and weren't replaced was Nacho.

And why would a manager like Guardiola give a shit about how much Bony cost? In fact when have we ever cared? Kompany cost a fraction of what Kolo and Lescott did - was he left on the bench forever?

And lastly the idea that any 19 year old would leave because he isn't starting every game is fucking laughable. Even Messi wasn't starting every game at 19 years old and everything we have seen from Iheanacho points to him being incredibly humble and just wanting to get his head down.

What impresses me as much as his football is the way he speaks. Every sentence either has "I am very grateful", "thank you to the manager" or "I need to work hard" in it. He's really well grounded I think. His play reminds me of Sturridge actually, but with a better character.

It seems to be drummed into the young lads in the Academy that the basis of any future success is hard work.

One of them (I can't remember who), in an interview in the Matchday Programme, stated the Paddy V. was always impressing upon them the importance of hard work.

Honestly I think that's 100% grade A bullshit.

He's been used plenty and not only that but it's really obvious he's been gradually introduced over the course of the season, which is good management.

Here's his game time across the season.

He's been carefully integrated into the team because he's a long term prospect and we need to look after him. It was clear yesterday that his stamina is miles ahead of where it was when he got his first league start against Norwich and he was knackered after an hour.

On top of that, I have no idea why you're being such a Mard arse about him leaving. Why the fuck would he go? There's absolutely no reason for anyone who isn't wumming to say he'd leave. Pellegrini has already said multiple times the reason Dzeko and Jovetic left and weren't replaced was Nacho.

And why would a manager like Guardiola give a shit about how much Bony cost? In fact when have we ever cared? Kompany cost a fraction of what Kolo and Lescott did - was he left on the bench forever?

And lastly the idea that any 19 year old would leave because he isn't starting every game is fucking laughable. Even Messi wasn't starting every game at 19 years old and everything we have seen from Iheanacho points to him being incredibly humble and just wanting to get his head down.

An excellent post mate
Answering the negative nanny no fuck alls with stats always makes them look a little desperate and silly

His steady exposure to first team football is spot on. How good can he get? He just needs to continue doing what he is doing and he will be an all time great. 8 goals in 338 mins is as good as anyone!

I disagree. There is much more to him than just scoring. Passing range aside the guy is crazy intelligent with the ball. In all honesty he remings me of a mix of Zidane and Henry. He may never be a dribbling magician nor have the close ball control of Messi, but the combination of skills he has is equally rare.

Andy Cole never had that level of technical ability either.

When I used 'just' I didn't mean 'only'. I meant he just keeps on scoring! At his tender age he has got time and a half to develop his game, all depends how he's used at City. At the moment he is an incredible goal machine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.