How good can Iheanacho get?

Or maybe he didn't.
Well he did wait, whether he was right or wrong we'll never know for sure but my guess is when we look back in a few years on how we developed our youth and who we kept and let go in hindsight he and Txiki will have been a good judges. Because it's not all down to just the manager our DOF will be just as involved if not more so. Unfortunately for Manuel, Guardiola will probably get all the credit.

could you identify the league games we have been leading by several goals with about thirty to twenty minutes remaining?
Cheers

Newcastle - came on for 15 minutes
Bournemouth - came on for 13 minutes (and scored a wrongly dissallowed goal)
Southampton - did not feature

Not too sure what point you're trying to make here?

His progress so far culminating in yesterdays brilliant performance is all that matters and whilst a few can say he should have played earlier, its based on nothing more than sentiment.

We can all play the what if game and what if Pellegrini had brought him on against say Newcastle or Southampton and he had done a knee and not played again all season?

The club as a whole will have a long term plan and strategy for those they believe good enough potentially to make the first team on a regular basis that will be based on training reports and every other department and professional we now employ to nurture and bring out the best in all our young players.

If they are good enough, they will get their chance as yesterday has shown. There is no secret plan behind the scenes to stop these lads making it as some want to believe on here as hat flies in the face of a £200M+ investment as well as common sense, FFP and the good of the first team.

Well he did wait, whether he was right or wrong we'll never know for sure but my guess is when we look back in a few years on how we developed our youth and who we kept and let go in hindsight he and Txiki will have been a good judges. Because it's not all down to just the manager our DOF will be just as involved if not more so. Unfortunately for Manuel, Guardiola will probably get all the credit.

Well I don't want to head off down that road in an Iheanacho thread, I was originally answering a question, but imo a player not making it in football, is not neccessarily proof of a lack of neccessary talent, it can be down to the wrong handling at the wrong time.

Personally I don't think Pellegrini deserves any credit for anything he has done re young players & may have lost us one or two at least potential squad players short term, possibly ecent players longer term. I think a better manager would have several as regulars in our squad, that assessment being based on comparing them with City kids who have played Prem football in the past.

But it seems as I said, as if he has got the message re Iheanacho now, as he is claiming credit for bringing him through & trusting him, wheras a week or so ago he was looking into whether a half fit Nasri should be preferred to him in the Champs Lg squad & saying he was willing to wait for the doctor's report til the last day, to see if Nasri could make it.

Good. Let's all hope for more game time for Kelechi & other kids & for Pep to carry that on.

We could have a truly world class player on our hands here & imo he showed in the Nigeria U17s a whole side to his game which City fans haven't seen yet. Just wait til that kicks in!

You are wasting your time with some of these mate.

They band together to call the manager an idiot for his team selection or tactics on one thread, then tell us how we have no right to criticise his decisions on another.

I remember that you have watched Kelechi pre City, as I did, & we both know how much more there is to come from him, so it will open a few eyes when it happens , of course it will then be down to the great coaching Pellegrini has given him rather than the fact he could already do it when he was 16 & just needs game time ;)

Well I don't want to head off down that road in an Iheanacho thread, I was originally answering a question, but imo a player not making it in football, is not neccessarily proof of a lack of neccessary talent, it can be down to the wrong handling at the wrong time.

Personally I don't think Pellegrini deserves any credit for anything he has done re young players & may have lost us one or two at least potential squad players short term, possibly ecent players longer term. I think a better manager would have several as regulars in our squad, that assessment being based on comparing them with City kids who have played Prem football in the past.

But it seems as I said, as if he has got the message re Iheanacho now, as he is claiming credit for bringing him through & trusting him, wheras a week or so ago he was looking into whether a half fit Nasri should be preferred to him in the Champs Lg squad & saying he was willing to wait for the doctor's report til the last day, to see if Nasri could make it.

Good. Let's all hope for more game time for Kelechi & other kids & for Pep to carry that on.

We could have a truly world class player on our hands here & imo he showed in the Nigeria U17s a whole side to his game which City fans haven't seen yet. Just wait til that kicks in!

I agree. People are changing the narrative about Pellegrini's handling of Kelechi. It, if anything, has been all over the place. Sending him on in the 88th minute multiple occasions to salvage something clearly isn't brilliant long-term planning. Coming out and saying he's not a striker after snubbing him for the absense of having any forwards on the pitch isn't trust or awareness of the kid. I think those on the whole 'Pellegrini is managing him perfectly' bandwagon are going to be red-faced when Bony comes back because Bony isn't going to be third-choice striker under Pellegrini.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.