How good were The Who

Absolutely love the Kinks and would only put the Beatles and Stones ahead of them due to the volume of work. It's with that reasoning why the Beatles will always be number one for me due to the amount of material they produced within a rather short 10 year period. The amount of songs not even released as A Sides etc puts them above all others.

Got some Spencer Davis Group on now. What a fucking time to be alive.
Nobody can argue with the Beatles. It was them them that changed the musical world,in that some working class kids could write their own songs and take on the world, which paved the way for The Stones,Kinks,the who etc etc. But music is very subjective and I'd always listen to The Kinks or the Small faces before the Beatles. Maybe it's just my inner rooting for The underdog in me. But let's not derail the Who thread, what a thoroughly awesome band.

Never really got into them in the 70s when I was more interested in whatever Blackmore did, 2112, Live & Dangerous etc. etc. etc.
BUT as an old codger now, I discovered this lot came up with one of the greatest pieces of music ever put to vinyl, one that raises the hair on the back of my neck every time I hear it - I give you 'Love Reign O'er Me' - astonishing composition, and guitar, piano and vocal performances. Don't care what else they did.

Best band ever, if you dont like them go listen to Steps
No substitute either
Steps? No I‘d rather listen to a decent band mate. And I think they (the Who) made a couple of very good albums but nothing else in decades. I saw them on the last tour and thought they were as stale as a rancid kipper. Sorry for not having the exact same taste as you.

Steps? No I‘d rather listen to a decent band mate. And I think they (the Who) made a couple of very good albums but nothing else in decades. I saw them on the last tour and thought they were as stale as a rancid kipper. Sorry for not having the exact same taste as you.
Sounds like you havent got any
But its ok
Toodle pip

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.