How is everyone feeling?

How am I feeling? OK, we were unlucky last night, and maybe we will never win the Champions League, but personally I would rather be a City fan right now than a fan of any other team in the World. That is how I am feeling, right now.

I would take 3 prem titles over 5 CL any time. Players managers bosses may not. Winning a cl final does not make you best in Europe

giphy.gif

'Best in Europe? Best in the world, meu amigo!'

Devastated but saw it coming a mile off after last week. How many times have we lost on away goals? This one’s gonna hurt for a while, Spurs over two legs in a QF. Man.

The last few weeks at work for me have been horrendous and yesterday was probably the worst day of my working life. I left work with the weight of the world on my shoulders, and I arrived at the Etihad with my partner (I have said before I follow city because of her - she and her families are huge fans), not really feeling that confident and full of stress. About an hour before kick off that started to fade and turn to anticipation and excitement and then for 90 minutes we were entertained with probably the best football match I have ever witnessed... the only one I have been at in person which comes close was Blackburn v United in 2005, when Blackburn won 4-3. Every emotion was felt last night in an absolutey amazing encounter, joy, heartache, feeling sick in the pit of the stomach, pride, and disappointment. And you know what, I had 2-3 hours where I didn’t think about work or the stress that goes with it once. That is the power of football - however bad it’s going, it gives you a release, I needed last night and I am sure a lot of people are the same, it would just have been nice if we didn’t have that final sucker punch at the end. A comfortable win whilst it would have been incredible I don’t think would have Had the same effect!! The stress is straight back again today, but for just a short period of time it wasn’t there, and it was great absolutely gutted about the result, but Thanks City

I keep thinking what might have been, especially about raheems winning goal. I was in the family stand last night and didn't have a clue whether it was offside. I just watched the highlights on BT and I thought, wow, how close was that to not being off side? If was pure luck, not judgement by spurs that aguero was offside. It was not like a back four playing an offside trap for a through ball. No. In the confusion of the interception by bernardo and aguero running back then turning and running into the penalty area, spurs got lucky, right at the death. Surprised that jenas was perplexed by the decision though.

I can just about accept the var decisions, although possibly subjective, there is an argument to award or disallow both goals. So again, maybe what might have been.

Also felt sorry for all the kids that started crying when VAR ruled out the winner.....but perhaps they will learn more about being a City fan?

At full time I was gutted walking back to the car, listening to the spurs fans in the distance made me think I have seen my team (whom I travel 550 miles round trip every home game) win! Yes we won on the night, and we will do it again this Saturday! Thinking this way made me feel a whole lot better We were not beaten by a team we were beaten by a system, In Spain the rule by where if the ball touches the hand or arm its a free kick regardless if its accidental or not (it's coming next season to the prem). We weren't part of a superb match,, its just another Hamburg another Monaco, we'll become back! For sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.