How Lucky We Are, Especially Fans That Can Attend Matches

Prices! Moan, moan, moan. £67 for last night's game. Come on. Every City player was an international player. Many of the Spuds players were as well, 2 World Cup 22 winners and a French WC winner as well. Get real. This is entertainment. You wouldn't get into concert for that.

It depends how much money you have got, mate. Doesn’t it?

Once it goes out of your price range, it is gone forever and losing something you love is hard for anyone.

While I wouldn’t say people are lucky to be able to attend matches, I would say don’t take things for granted. The last few years have shown that something (or someone) you love can disappear very quickly.

It depends how much money you have got, mate. Doesn’t it?

Once it goes out of your price range, it is gone forever and losing something you love is hard for anyone.

While I wouldn’t say people are lucky to be able to attend matches, I would say don’t take things for granted. The last few years have shown that something (or someone) you love can disappear very quickly.
Not necessarily gone forever football got out of my price range late 90s early 2000s more down to my personal circumstances, new family etc.By 2008 I could start going to games again, as my finances changed for the better, and it was hard those years not to be able to go.
At the time though I never really thought the club owed me anything, they were choices I made at the time.

Didn't boo. Didn't think we played bad but definitely lacked edge and then made a slip up of Typical City and Cityitis fame. Compounded by shock and woe to give a second. Was weird to hear the boos but could only assume they were at the referee.

The team came out from the blocks though. I don't think anyone will complain at that. Maybe a few in the stand need to be booed at. Seeing so many people playing phone games, deep in social media and video calls makes me question why they came in the first place. I get that sometimes things are pressing and emergencies but it's obvious that the obvious is obvious. And... people who berate KDB, Foden and Bernardo not starting... for the whole first half... and the second... until we're winning and then it's flowery gardens and praise. Calm down.
I agree on there phones don’t get it stay at home and guve ticket to someone who wants to watch football

There are a lot of what I consider very entitled posts flying about the forum tonight, saying the team and Pep deserved the booing at halftime because of the first half performance and the poor run we have been on.

I can’t believe that some people genuinely think that. Especially those lucky enough to be able to attend matches.

I can’t go any more. I live in the US now, but even when I eventually move back I won’t be able to attend, and that kills me every time I think about it. Those that can go are incredibly fortunate, regardless of whether the performance is amazing. I know it’s expensive, the club could improve a lot about the matchday experience (and ticketing system), and it gets more difficult for the midweek matches. I know what that is like—did it for years before we moved abroad. But I would give anything to be able to deal with that shite again.

You really don’t know what you have until it’s gone.

At halftime I said I wasn’t angry but numb, because I was more angry with the ref than anything, and was worried we didn’t have the fight to come back right now, especially with the suspect officiating and the fan reaction at the halftime whistle. Things don’t seem the same as last season in many ways. But the players proved me wrong and we stormed back.

And, beyond all of that, how did some of the people booing make it through the pre-takeover days? It must have been torturous! Or are the ones booing primarily fans that only started following us recently and so have no sense of perspective?

We’re fucking second in the league with 19 games to play (including two against the current leaders), qualified for the knockout stages of the CL with games left, and on to the next round of the FA Cup. We’ve won 4 of the last 5 league titles.

And being in a relatively short bad spell has people booing the team?

Even if none of that is true, we are fucking Manchester City, not the Rags or the Dippers.

I sometimes don’t know who we are anymore based on various comments on here and social media (from people I know are genuine blues).

I genuinely hope most of the booing was at the ref not the team and the comments from a few tonight are a malcontent minority. And, if that is the case, how about we make it clear the ref is a wanker rather than ambiguously booing as the players walk off the pitch.

We are getting regularly fucked over by officials, opposition teams are constantly playing brutal anti-football, and things outside of football are increasingly more difficult. We need to come together, back eachother, and back the team, regardless of the results.

FWIW, I thought Pep was absolutely right in his post-match interview and I hope everyone—players, staff, management, fans—take it as the rallying cry it was.

/rant

Amen.

There are a lot of what I consider very entitled posts flying about the forum tonight, saying the team and Pep deserved the booing at halftime because of the first half performance and the poor run we have been on.

I can’t believe that some people genuinely think that. Especially those lucky enough to be able to attend matches.

I can’t go any more. I live in the US now, but even when I eventually move back I won’t be able to attend, and that kills me every time I think about it. Those that can go are incredibly fortunate, regardless of whether the performance is amazing. I know it’s expensive, the club could improve a lot about the matchday experience (and ticketing system), and it gets more difficult for the midweek matches. I know what that is like—did it for years before we moved abroad. But I would give anything to be able to deal with that shite again.

At halftime I said I wasn’t angry but numb, because I was more angry with the ref than anything, and was worried we didn’t have the fight to come back right now, especially with the suspect officiating and the fan reaction at the halftime whistle. Things don’t seem the same as last season in many ways. But the players proved me wrong and we stormed back.

And, beyond all of that, how did some of the people booing make it through the pre-takeover days? It must have been torturous! Or are the ones booing primarily fans that only started following us recently and so have no sense of perspective?

We’re fucking second in the league with 19 games to play (including two against the current leaders), qualified for the knockout stages of the CL with games left, and on to the next round of the FA Cup. We’ve won 4 of the last 5 league titles.

Even if none of that is true, we are fucking Manchester City, not the Rags or the Dippers.

I sometimes don’t know who we are anymore based on various comments on here and social media (from people I know are genuine blues).

I genuinely hope most of the booing was at the ref not the team and the comments from a few tonight are a malcontent minority. And, if that is the case, how about we make it clear the ref is a wanker rather than ambiguously booing as the players walk off the pitch.

We are getting regularly fucked over by officials, opposition teams are constantly playing brutal anti-football, and things outside of football are increasingly more difficult. We need to come together, back eachother, and back the team, regardless of the results.

FWIW, I thought Pep was absolutely right in his post-match interview and I hope everyone—players, staff, management, fans—take it as the rallying cry it was.

/rant
Good post.About time we took on pgmol about the way we are reffed.

...........At halftime I said I wasn’t angry but numb, because I was more angry with the ref than anything, and was worried we didn’t have the fight to come back right now, especially with the suspect officiating and the fan reaction at the halftime whistle. Things don’t seem the same as last season in many ways. But the players proved me wrong and we stormed back......
Just so you know the REAL reason why we turned it round; I made the ultimate sacrifice.

I was stood in a pub on my own with my City shirt on. We were playing reasonably, then the 2 goals went in. Half time came and I was thinking about what can I do to change this? Then I realised; it was me. I had to make the ultimate sacrifice - if I didn't change things around, we'd lose. 2-0 at least - Spurs were looking a bit like the old Spurs, rather than the "1st half Spurs" who've turned up for most games this season and gone 2-0 down themselves.

Therefore, I decided in my desperation that I had to change our luck and do the only thing I could. I stopped watching and went to a pub that wasn't showing football, and listened to the second half on the radio.

Soon, my plan started working. We upped the tempo. Got 1 back; then 2; then another. Then, proof that our luck truly had changed when Spurs had a great chance to equalise, but Lewis inadvertantly deflected a goalbound shot upwards, onto the post, and then to safety.

Much as I wanted to go back and actually see this remarkable recovery, I stayed strong and was rewarded by a late 4th goal by Mahrez - and - to me - plenty of reward for my quite brilliant, tactical, half time change.

I have been on new medication lately, and wondered whether I'd gone into some weird, drunken delusional dreamlike state, induced by the sudden shock of Ederson making a distributional mistake, compounded by the stunning sight of Emerson Royal making a positive contribution for Spurs. Had I dreamt the whole scenario?

No - I staggered home and saw the wonderful recovery, which I replayed joyously time and time again. So, never mind all this "Pep-talk" at half time; hair dryer treatment; whatever. It was all down to my tactical nous, based on nearly 60 years of watching the boys in blue. My ultimate sacrifice paid off, and I trust that somewhere out there in the ether (Gary James, take note) the true reason behind our magnificent comeback will be recognised and written about as fact, and not just as legend (in my own mind).

Last edited:
I agree with most of this, but at 70quid a ticket people have the right to boo if they want to....even if its just at the ticket prices!

/rant
Well said, mate. Sone cunts need to get a serious grip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.