How many games can we realistically afford to lose?

You can get away with losing a handful of games if those games are Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/rags/Liverpool away, and you pick up wins in the majority of the remaining games.

By losing at Cardiff and Villa, whether the defeats were justified or not, a lot of pressure is put on our away trips to the big boys. I fear this will cost us in a potential title chase.

For the title we probably can only afford to lose another 3-4 games depending on the number of draws we have of course.

Playing the suicidal football we are currently trying to bed in I don't think we have a chance in hades to win the title this season.

We will be doing extremely well to finish in the top four this season.

Yes I know its six games in and all that but we will lose more than six games this season for sure and certain.

It's usually around 4-5 losses that you can afford to make in a season, I don't think that will apply this season though with the amount of top competition in the league, in fact I see this season being one of the lowest ever points totals if not the lowest points total ever to win the Premier League.

I think there will only be 5-8 points difference between the the champion and Europa League position winner as well.

bluetim said:
You can get away with losing a handful of games if those games are Chelsea/Arsenal/Spurs/rags/Liverpool away, and you pick up wins in the majority of the remaining games.

By losing at Cardiff and Villa, whether the defeats were justified or not, a lot of pressure is put on our away trips to the big boys. I fear this will cost us in a potential title chase.
My sentiments exactly. I don't see us recovering those lost points from our bogey teams either.

With there being so many changes to most top teams this year I think whoever wins it will have a record amount of loses, could be six or seven i think b maybe eight!

sam-caddick said:
It's usually around 4-5 losses that you can afford to make in a season, I don't think that will apply this season though with the amount of top competition in the league, in fact I see this season being one of the lowest ever points totals if not the lowest points total ever to win the Premier League.

I think there will only be 5-8 points difference between the the champion and Europa League position winner as well.
Totally agree with this. It's going to be an epic season.

one less than our main rivals, i still see united us and chelsea in the top three come may i think arsenal and spurs will drop points and fade a little, the table will settle usually after 10 games il be concerned if were not top 3 after say 15 games this year

Statistically if you get 90 points to guarantee winning the title. when the winner gets 85 points or less you are relying on your rivals losing points against each other. As there are definitely more competitors this season, I reckon 85 points will win you the league this season - because there are more competitors,
Max points is 114 (38 wins)
So the highest number of defeats is 7 (-21 points) so long as you only draw 4 (-8) = 85 points.
7 defeats (-21 points) allows you to draw 2 (-06) = 87 points.
6 defeats (-18 points) allows you to draw 5 (-10) = 86 points.
5 defeats (-15 points) allows you to draw 7 (-14) = 85 points.
4 defeats (-12 points) allows you to draw 8 (-16) = 86 points.

It's starting to look terminal I'm afraid to say.

sam-caddick said:

Whilst it is looking more likely that it will be one of the lowest point totals it doesn't appear to be because everyone's improved, rather that the top three have sunk back into the pack by virtue of three new managers and hence no-one is firing on all cylinders. The standard of the rest of the league has not improved such that the rags should be losing at home to West Brom, and enduring their worst start to a season for 24 years, and is completely irrelevant in Chelsea losing at home to FC Basel and none of their strikers yet having scored a goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.