How many games can we realistically afford to lose?

LoveCity said:
manchesterJACK said:
Our club is not interested in winning the league. They are only interested in getting out of the champions league group. 3rd will do. Are we the new arsenal

The club is interested in winning everything, it's just very difficult with the increased competition.
Which club? He's talking about united, mate.

The way this season's going I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual champions have 7 or 8 defeats, too many teams are dropping silly points, even Arsenal have managed to lose at home to Villa.

(Remember we won it with 10 defeats from 42 in 1968).

lancs blue said:
The way this season's going I wouldn't be surprised if the eventual champions have 7 or 8 defeats, too many teams are dropping silly points, even Arsenal have managed to lose at home to Villa.

Are Arsenal looking favourites now?

Not checked with bookies<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:56 pm --<br /><br />Chelsea and Rags have got some tough matches completed though so we are in the biggest shit storm potentially

Spurs, Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool all looking shaky

The only team that looks strong at the moment is Arsenal

I think City will put a good run together very soon and it will turn out to be City v Arsenal for the title

MadchesterCity said:
lancs blue said:

Not checked with bookies
No idea, but at 4:25pm Saturday I bet we were firm favourites.

MadchesterCity said:
lancs blue said:

Not checked with bookies

-- Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:56 pm --

Chelsea and Rags have got some tough matches completed though so we are in the biggest shit storm potentially

Too soon to start talking about favourites IMO, and regarding the fixtures we seem to do better overall against the top teams, it's the mid-table fodder where we tend to drop daft points.

I think whoever wins the league will do so with a points total in the low 80's. Everyone will lose games, more good teams on PL then there was even two years ago. That said, Arsenal worry me. Have proven when in form they can go on long winning runs. did it last year and are doing it again at the beginning of this season.

Away form is a joke right now though. Thought for the past two season our team crumbles very easily away from home but we do seem to be an extreme moment right now. Very schizophrenic.

That said, a title in Pellegrini's first season in english football, something he's clearly still adjusting to, would be an amazing achievement and not sure it should be demanded or he is labelled a failure.

ATM There's promising signs at home, we certainly weren't this free scoring last year, and enough for me to be convinced that He's the right man even if we come 2nd or 3rd this year.

At least we have a chance. United have no chance.

Not many more! Long way to go but we certainly look like losing plenty,as do utd,and Chelsea.
Judging after 6 games is mad, but we can forget it if we keep losing to mid table teams(yes I mean shite),simple as that!

LoveCity said:
manchesterJACK said:
Our club is not interested in winning the league. They are only interested in getting out of the champions league group. 3rd will do. Are we the new arsenal

The club is interested in winning everything, it's just very difficult with the increased competition.

And since when has there been little or no competition?
I have stated this before and I will state it again:
It is 100% clear the owner and therefore the management of the club at all levels have prioritised the Champs League as our number 1 objective this season.
Either directly or indirectly this has been transmitted to the players. They now know if they do well / OK in the CL then life is good. The Premiership is suddenly not that important. The performances away from home underpin and support this hypothesis.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.