How many games can we realistically afford to lose?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I was angry yesterday, although frustration is the key for me.

This title race would and should be over already if we had got the maximum haul against Cardiff, Stoke and now Villa.

United would be out of the equation and that type of momentum would require a major blow up.

In saying all that, I don't think Arsenal can sustain the pressure of a full-tilt title assault.

It's still ours for the taking and I expect us to do so.

I was angry yesterday and after having slept on it, I'm still fucking annoyed. That was 3 points thrown away which could be absolutely crucial at the end of the season. Complacency cost us big time yesterday.

From what I have seen so far us and Chelsea have dominated large parts of games but things haven't quite clicked for either yet.utd may eventually get in mix but will be surprised if any of the other early pretenders can go the long haul. I think our leaders preoccupation with champions league may be the undoing of us.

Skashion said:
cibaman said:
Usually its not so much a case of how many games you can afford to lose, more about avoiding draws.
Not true, the vast majority of teams that win the title draw more games than they lose.

But a lot less than the team coming second.

xmusampa said:
From what I have seen so far us and Chelsea have dominated large parts of games but things haven't quite clicked for either yet.utd may eventually get in mix but will be surprised if any of the other early pretenders can go the long haul. I think our leaders preoccupation with champions league may be the undoing of us.
Ridiculous if this is true. Do they actually think we can win the CL? League is far more realistic and I would like for us to be in a position to qualify for the CL at the end of the season. Just can't understand prioritizing CL over league, can't get into CL without doing good in the league ffs.

no way the title should come 2nd to anything else, on the positive side of things so far we have beaten united 'dismantled them' started well in the lg cup and champions lg, we find ourselves 3 points above our main rivals and one point behind chelsea the five point gap between us and arsenal doesnt worry me but it will if it gets to 9 points. we can jump back to 2nd if we beat everton heads up guys all will be well come may

marco said:
no way the title should come 2nd to anything else, on the positive side of things so far we have beaten united 'dismantled them' started well in the lg cup and champions lg, we find ourselves 3 points above our main rivals and one point behind chelsea the five point gap between us and arsenal doesnt worry me but it will if it gets to 9 points. we can jump back to 2nd if we beat everton heads up guys all will be well come may

It's still very early, and as we all know (or should know) that early season form counts for very little, squad size, the amount of games etc catches up with all teams

We do need to up our game especially away from home, but I am pretty sure the club knows this and will be working on it at least I hope they are

On the back foot now getting 1 point from 3 away games that we should of really got 9 from. Now its all about the big games away from home plus the other away games we never win, Away to Everton, Swansea and Sunderland.

celticfc482 said:
On the back foot now getting 1 point from 3 away games that we should of really got 9 from. Now its all about the big games away from home plus the other away games we never win, Away to Everton, Swansea and Sunderland.

We've got Liverpool. Arsenal. United, Chelsea and Spurs to play away from home as well. Margin for error in these games is rapidly disappearing. Extremely frustrating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.