How many games can we realistically afford to lose?

This season in particular, I'll go with 3-5. Anything above 5 and we can kiss the title goodbye.

I am sick of us getting the newly promoted sides early in the season whilst they are still full of hope and optimism. I always felt that Cardiff would be a banana skin and so it was proven.

That is three points we will have to make up on most of our rivals as I can't see them losing at Cardiff.

Blue Mooner said:
I am sick of us getting the newly promoted sides early in the season whilst they are still full of hope and optimism. I always felt that Cardiff would be a banana skin and so it was proven.

That is three points we will have to make up on most of our rivals as I can't see them losing at Cardiff.

Not if they drop points like they did tonight. We still did ok from the other 4 clubs last season. We beat Chelski twice, 6/6. Should of beaten Moan uShited. We out played them twice. 3/6 . Spurs, 3/6 and 4/6 v Arsenal.
I think we are better equiped this year as long as we dont feck up against lower teams, al la Cardiff

yakzson_ctid.Si said:
We still did ok from the other 4 clubs last season. We beat Chelski twice, 6/6. Should of beaten Moan uShited. We out played them twice. 3/6 . Spurs, 3/6 and 4/6 v Arsenal.
I think we are better equiped this year as long as we dont feck up against lower teams, al la Cardiff
So did we get two points for beating them in the Charity Shield or two points for beating them in the FA Cup semi-final?
I'm sure we only got one point for the 0-0 at Stamford Bridge.

I reckon 87 points will win it this season.

Therefore theoretically we could afford to lose 9 games. This is assuming we win the other 29.

Losing games isn't the be all and end all. Winning them is.

For example:

Team A - plays 38 games, wins 27, draws 9, loses 0 and gets 90 points. (no losses)

Team A plays 38 games, wins 32, draws 0, loses 6 but gets 96 points. (6 losses)

I doubt that this was the last game we will lose so a defeat this early makes it even more frustrating.

greasedupdeafguy said:
What's the most points a runner up has finished on?
2011-12. 1st City (W28, D5 L5, Pts 89). 2nd=Rags (W28, D5, L5, Pts 89).
2008-9: 1st=Rags (W28, D6 L4 Pts 90). 2nd=Liverpool (W25, D11, L2, Pts 86).
2009-10: 1st=Chelski (W27 D5, L6 Pts 86), 2nd=Rags (W27, D4, L7, Pts 85).
2007-8: 1st=Rags (W27, D6, L5 Pts 87), 2nd=Chelsea (W25 , D10, L3, Pts 85).

So we can only lose another 4 in reality. Any more than that and the draws total has to be really low,

Losses don't cost you the title, draws do. We only lost six games last season, one on the final day of the season when all was lost. Liverpool lost two games in 08/09, still wasn't enough. We can afford to lose six or seven as long as draws are kept to a minimum. 28 wins, three draws and seven losses wins us the league this season, but it won't happen as we're all too aware that draws away from home will be our main concern.

Not sure, am I the only one who thinks it's possible that with Spurs getting stronger and any sign of a return to some sort of form by Arsenal that realistically there could be 5 or 6 teams in with a shout of the CL places this season who may well take points of one another that the loss counts may be a bit higher than normal, say 7 or 8 with a scattering of draws

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.