How many more people will now become City fans?

I live abroad and have done a fair bit of traveling recently in the UK and also in Asia. City kits/fans especially the young'uns are absolutely everywhere. Utd and Liverpool still ahead but we are catching up.
Will let u know the shirt count in Thailand next year.

Sorry if already been posted, but TalkSport are at it again:

From the title you might think he's bashing City but he's saying it more like a protective fan if anything. Not a wise choice of words(made it easy for them to make a negative headline with) but they've done him dirty there.

Anyway, he's surprised how many people in City shirts there are recently in the USA. Imagine how differently that would have been framed for a quote about one of the red shirt clubs. There would be no need to listen to it before you get the full context, you can almost guarantee that would be in the title already.

Last edited:
I'm up on the Moray coast near Lossiemouth in Scotland with the Mrs and our dogs and have seen 4 people in City tops in the last 3 days.
All of them Scots.
We're getting everywhere these days.

Will let u know the shirt count in Thailand next year.
been going for years since 1989.
its always been rag and red scouse,scousers probably edge it still,even shinawatra buying City had little effect on our support there.
my mrs was liverpool before she started to realise how much City means to me.

Went this year and saw slightly more Thais wearing City tops,but still nowhere near red scouse or rags.

I was in a small Derbyshire town called Ilkeston on Sunday. Had my city top on, went into Mcdonalds and had some lads about 10yr olds giving it the fist in the air saying come on city in their city tops. Walked through town saw a few more young lads with city tops on. I lived there about 15 yrs ago for a bit and never seen one city top out and about.

Walking through Headingley yesterday with my City top on and I received good wishes for next season from a Leeds fan. I understand there was a huge roar across the local bars when Gundo’s cup final record breaker flew in the top corner. Many Leeds fans wore sky blue T-shirts on Cup final day.

That said, they’ve still got plenty of arseholes too.

Last edited:
been going for years since 1989.
its always been rag and red scouse,scousers probably edge it still,even shinawatra buying City had little effect on our support there.
my mrs was liverpool before she started to realise how much City means to me.

Went this year and saw slightly more Thais wearing City tops,but still nowhere near red scouse or rags.
Probably won’t change with red being their lucky colour as in China.

So does Ricky Tomlinson but, that doesn't stop the dipper vermin claiming him as one of theirs.

Bit of a push to say he’s “from” Blackpool. He was born there when his mother lived there briefly after been evacuated during the war,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.