How many Years ?!!

30 years a blue for me, first game when I was 4! Still get asked all the time, or rather I get "city eh? You jumped on the bandwagon to then?"

We moved down from Scotland when I was 3, we were in the 2nd division then, my dad oscillated between United and City, then settled on the Blues.My First match the home Derby in Feb 67, Got a season ticket in Block G in the 68-69 season, so maybe we were glory hunters then....

We moved back to Scotland in 73, and I've never lost the passion for the blues, moved back to the Northwest in 1997, then got a season ticket at the new stadium.

With a solid Scottish accent I frequently get asked why I support city, I tell them the tale if they're interested, most aren't.....

Watched the Newcastle game at the local Rugby club (Wirral...) To a man all the locals were supporting City - they did concede it was for the wrong reason, ie they wanted United to lose the title, but hey-ho.....

Started in '76/77 season. Great timing. For some reason I can't remember the league cup final happening earlier in that year other than seeing Dennis' overhead kick over and over, but do recall my brother saying we were gonna rule football over the years to follow!

Only went occasionally, though, and didn't get my first season ticket until 2011/12, so arguably the biggest glory hunter of the lot!

Last edited:
We kept a big fanbase even though we dropped like a brick through the divisions, the myth that we only got fans after the take-over has taken its place in urban myth and it's trotted out by plastic fans through the premier league and beyond.
Real football fans understand our glorious past.

I was asked recently by a young rag shirt-wearing lad how long I'd supported City. My phone had just gone off, and my ringtone is "The Boys in Blue". I replied by asking him how old his dad was. He said 55.
I told him I went to my first City match 4 years before his dad was born! He said "oh" and walked away.

Cheeky young whippersnappers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.