How many Years ?!!

Rammyblues said:
Try being a City fan who hasn't got a Manc accent. Constantly accused of golry hunting by people who don't know me.

I have been called that ON HERE. :-) I have northern accent but not Manc when told glory hunter I just say if one FA cup since 1977 is glory hunting I am all for it.

First game against Leicester 1977 stood in Kippax 0 -0

Well ramsbottom is not far from where im from (brandlesholme) and im a woodhey boy, people recognise my accent as mancunian

rnblade said:
had this question by some idiots too!
i just reply 1976! which team are you gonna support next year?

bloody glory hunter, win the league cup and you jump on the bandwagon

and im joking

I was a Liverpool supporter but changed to City in August 2008. You can't call me a glory hunter because we hadn't won anything since 1976.

1964 aged 10 with my Grandad played Leyton Orient at Maine Rd and we battered them 6-0. Remember thinking it would always be thus!! Learned over the years that it not quite like that but once a Blue always a Blue thanks Grandad for pissing my Dad off as he was a Red but beaten to the punch!!

Became a fan in 76 after my sister convinced me to support City as it was easy to spell than United (She is a rag now).

In anticipation of this question when I declare my allegiance to City I always follow it up with the fact that I have been following them since September 1st 2008. I then proceed to tell them that I was there through all the hard times like when we missed out on a CL spot in 2010.

I find that around ten minutes of this and variations around it such as "I'm glad I don't support Chelsea anymore, they're shit these days" finds them looking at the exit/their watch. At this point I usually notch it up a couple of gears by complaining about FFP and the occasional use of the term 'soccer'. I find I have usually ground them into submission within quarter of an hour.

People should try it, it's much more fun than trying to justify watching your club in the third tier of English football, which usually falls on deaf ears in any event.

SXBLUE said:
Ive been asked twice in as many days how long i have supported CITY for by first a Geordie then a Chelsea fan in pub watching final- 35+ years and 48 grounds seemed to shut him up but is this down to our new status as potential Champs !! Anyone else been questioned as if ur jumping on the ride ? MCFC

I can imagine some people have but not not me personally.

Its 42 years, about 20 grounds and no idea how many matches.

Cheesy said:
Try being a City fan who hasn't got a Manc accent. Constantly accused of golry hunting by people who don't know me.

Hahaha.

Tell me about that one. Lancashire and Cheshire are a figment of some people's imaginations.<br /><br />-- Sun May 06, 2012 12:27 pm --<br /><br />
Pieblue said:
1964 aged 10 with my Grandad played Leyton Orient at Maine Rd and we battered them 6-0. Remember thinking it would always be thus!! Learned over the years that it not quite like that but once a Blue always a Blue thanks Grandad for pissing my Dad off as he was a Red but beaten to the punch!!

My God, you must have some memories.

This is going to get worse and worse though.

To be fair, when you meet a rag for the first time you perhaps think of asking questions to expose his plasticness (maybe plasticity is a better word) rather than expecting him to be a Season Ticket holder from Miles Platting.

As our success inevitably increases opposition fans will be asking the same questions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.