How many Years ?!!

Ali B's Heel said:
Since 01/11/1993. 10 years old. I was a glory hunting Liverpool fan. My brother next to me a blue. Watching MNF, West Ham 3-1 City. I felt sorry for them. They had Irish players in Quinn, Phelan & the mighty Kernaghan! The rest is history. A rollercoaster ride though i wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully, we come to the top today. C'mon City!

I can see by your post count that you are new to this forum so I will ask politely. Please refrain from mentioning that name. I have only recently finished my therapy.

mcfcdjr said:
Cheesy said:
Try being a City fan who hasn't got a Manc accent. Constantly accused of golry hunting by people who don't know me.

THIS !! Im from Swansea but have my dad to thank for being a City fan. Sick to death of the way people judge you saying "yeah since the arabs bought you". So now to shut them up I just wear city shirts from the older days lol All my mates back home know Ive been blue since day one its just all the plastics at uni that piss me off !!
Me too. I'm from Essex and when I moved to Manchester 14 years ago I was bought a season ticket by my partner who has had one for 35 years. He made me love city and now I wouldn't want to love any other team. Our son is 12 and he was born blue, but when we are in essex visiting family we all get called glory hunters.

Rammyblues said:
First game against Leicester 1977 stood in Kippax 0 -0

That was my first fixture - but the one in Jan '77 - we won 5-0 if memory serves.

You would think a Chelsea fan would know better.

I don't need to justify myself to anyone. First season ticket I ever had was in division 2.

I always wear my older shirts to shut them all up, still think Im a glory hunter though

Being a rather young blue (19) my first City game was Manchester City 4-2 Sunderland in 2000 when Wanchope scored a hat-trick.

When I get asked, I normally just say I'm from Manchester to which they have no reply.

First game = MCFC -v- Ipswich 3rd May 1980, City won 2-1 (Tony Henry and Kevin Reeves on the scoresheet). Just passed my 32nd Anniversary of supporting the best club in the land and all the world.

Been going for over 25 years, and got my first season ticket since the Kippax got pulled down, however i live in Birmingham without much of any type of accent, i get it all the time... i battled at first, but now i tend to laugh and just agree, and say at least i have something to cheer (which around the midlands is quite unique in football) seems to shut them up... What has amused me recently, when out with my mates, watching footy in the pub or whatever, whenever i am called a JCL, my mates all do the work for me and put them in their places only last night one said "Of all the things you can call the useless twat, that isnt one, he's the most loyal and diehard of any football fan i know" - he's a Villa season ticket holder, i was so proud!!!!

Informed football fans dont even question it, they normally ask if i am Mancunian and i just say no but all my family are blues - i didnt have a choice

I just try to piss people off and say things like, 'since January'.

I don't care what people think. I know I've always been a blue and so do my mates and family who all support various clubs. That's all that matters to me. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.