how much do we wind other fans up?

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Hammo99, 6 Jun 2019.

1. Blue Feather

Blue Feather

Yeah, I remember when Arsenal got a load of dosh for the naming rights of their stadium and I just thought 'Great, they will be able to compete with United's spending'. Strange that when we got ours for the Etihad years later Wenger and the Tarquins whinged about it......

Blue Budgie and MCFCTrick like this.
  2. lazza

lazza

Having lived in the North East for more than 20 years, I've seen a change in the views of the local Geordies (and Mackems, to some extent).

WHen I arrived here, it was easy to chat for hours on the shared pain of a big club being completely shite, and most normal fans were truly respectful of our loyalty down into the 3rd Division (despite their WWYWYWS chants now). Even though Newcastle were at a peak (of sorts) when I moved here, very few fans were arrogant or expected much, they just loved seeing a brilliant football team with Ginola, Beardsley and Shearer.

Now that City has been the benefactor of the Sheikh's millions, the view is slightly different. There's a much more disparaging tone when people learn I'm a City fan (the usual glory hunter stuff, even though it's clear when I talk, I'm a Manc!) but at worst it's ambivalence, and mostly I still feel there's a connection. They hate Sunderland (so I keep quiet that I have a soft spot for Reid & Quinn) and the rags (which is a great leveller), but the most common feedback I get about City is how lukcy we are to watch the team. There's the odd jibe about the Emptihad, but it's often more about envy (how can we not sell out when we've got such amazing players).

When it came to the debate about player-of-the-season, most Geordies I know put Sterling (or even 2 or 3 City players) above van Dyke, so I think they also see through the media bias and media narrative.

citymad and MCFCTrick like this.
  3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

My son is an EFC fan and was more desperate about the title coming to Beswick than I think I was. My Swindon Town mate is very pro-City, and that's about as far as it goes. The milkman is a Rag and behaves accordingly. The local pools man is a Dale Fan and a Rag but he seems not to exude normal Rag behaviours, mainly, I think 'cos he's a Dale fan first. Next door is a Rag but generally quiet for obvious reasons. Next door 't other way - one female City fan from a Rag household, married to a Palace fan who seems to realise what we all realise - Rags, Dippers and Arses are breeds apart from sensible footy fans.

4. prestonibbo_mcfc

prestonibbo_mcfc

There are always idiots in every fanbase, who just regurgitate the shit they read. Generally, I think most fans
    appreciate the football we play and would love the same thing to happen to their club. The exceptions to this,
    being the rags an dippers who are just so miserable that they aren't mopping up the trophies anymore.

5. urban genie

urban genie

Fuck arsenal , they were next to fucking shite from the 60s till geoerge graham appeared.

And why did he appear and they suddenly started spending? Because they were propped up by funds that most certainly were linked to the blood diamond trade.

Something they conveniently forget after the prem money flooded in, without dodgy money in tge late 80s the ****s wouldn't have been in a position to reap the rewards of the change in 92

Blue Budgie and Bobbyespania like this.
  6. karen7

karen7

Oh i get you lol

7. karen7

karen7

Best non city game ever,still makes me laugh

8. Onholiday(somemightsay)

Onholiday(somemightsay)

But is the gif better than the Arsenal one kaz?

It's a very close race

9. karen7

karen7

Hmmm i reckon neck guy wins it for the dippers

10. Onholiday(somemightsay)

Onholiday(somemightsay)

Headless Horseman Vs Pink T being lassoed for me - can't split 'em........