How should we feel about drawing Barca?

dobobobo said:
squirtyflower said:
dobobobo said:
Do I really need to spell it out?

They are my second team. When I was in my teens, at the same time as being a City season ticket holder and going to most away games thanks to my dad, I also watched La Liga every week when Barca was on Sky. I dreamt that City would one day play a team like Barcelona. Why did I dream this and why did I follow Barcelona? Because the passion of both clubs was formidable to me.

Every time we beat a team 4-1, 6-0, 6-3, I honestly do stop and think how lucky I am. Most fans will never get to experience what we are doing right now.

Any more questions?

Like I said, the split shirt is something i've dreamt about doing. But I'm not going to do it any time soon because City are my team.

-- Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:07 pm --

Nope.

In recent times I've wanted to wear a split City and York shirt to remember the fallen. Hopefully that will never happen.
don't worry about them mate, they're old school
if i get to the away game i'll wear my half n half with pride

Aye I know. The other factor is not wanting to get my head kicked in for wearing it. But like I say it's just a dream that has come true.

Half and half scarf will do me.
I can't imagine anyone kicking your head in over it. I remember the great European tour of 08/09 I got a half and half scarf from each game. Haven't done it in the champions league but Barca is a good one to get.

First post virgin.

I remember back in 94 when the rags were hammered 4-0 by Barca. And the next time I was on the kippax, we were wearing Barcelona scarves and singing their name (Barcelona Barcelona ole ole ole)

Just look at how far we have come! Now we are truly sitting at the top table, and we are in with a good shout of beating them.

ACE

davymcfc said:
dobobobo said:
squirtyflower said:
don't worry about them mate, they're old school
if i get to the away game i'll wear my half n half with pride

Aye I know. The other factor is not wanting to get my head kicked in for wearing it. But like I say it's just a dream that has come true.

Half and half scarf will do me.
I can't imagine anyone kicking your head in over it. I remember the great European tour of 08/09 I got a half and half scarf from each game. Haven't done it in the champions league but Barca is a good one to get.

Not City fans, but having only ever been an armchair supporter of Barca, seeing the Barca fans on TV is probably not the same as being at the ground. Not that I think Barca fans would kick my head in, but it only takes one idiot.

That said, a few years back Barca gave this kid a free ticket and and all expenses paid (so the story goes) just because he was seen crying when Barca lost the World Club Cup in Japan in 2006. (He was 6).

barca_boy2.jpg

So it might be worth getting my head kicked in. I'm sure that will be enough for a 31 year old to win the hearts of Barca.

Manchester City v Barca?.... ecstatic! Loads of match ups I cannot wait to see:

Zabba/Aguero v's their close friend Lionel Messi... who happens to be one of the greatest players on the planet?!!!

Txiki and Ferran going to the Nou Camp... talk about lions going into the den!?!! haha

The return to Spain of the following:
Garcia (Ex-Real)
Navas & Negredo(Sevilla)
Demechelis & Pellegrini(Malaga)
Silva(ValenciaI)
Aguero(A.Madrid)
Yaya(Barca)
Zaba(Espanyol)

Kompany has the chance to fully arrive as the worlds greatest defender against one the the best attacks.
Fernandinho can literally guarantee a World Cup place if he keeps Neymar & co quiet.
Hart may have found form by then and all the hard months could be well and truly behind him!

I've still got reservations on whether this game is too soon for the rejuvinated Nasri. Hoping Clichy will have shaken the bad form off by then and Nasty is fully fit!

I'd sign Shaw and someone like Vertonghen/Hummels as insurance though.

Cannot wait!

I'm the only person that would prefer playing a weaker side ..I don't buy that ooooo it's ok if we lose we can concentrate on the domestic season noooo I don't want us out of the CL that's the greatest compitition we can be in ..I would rather play these teams in the semi finals or quarter finals I don't look at playing barca as a consolation prize as if that's the epidemy of what we are trying to do and just playing them is enough of a treasured moment for us it's fuckin not good enough for me I much rather be the rags playing an olimpiakos or dortmund playing zenit (I know we can't cause we were second) I would much prefer the easier route to the final but this bullshit that just having the privilege to play barca for two legs is enough of a prize..that shit doesn't fly with me just like arsenal would rather not play bayern..and they might not want to play arsenal any team would rather the easier route

But being that we are I'm confident of a great tie..not massively optimistic of a victory but I think it's certainly possible if Kun silva kompany are all fit ..just missing one of them might spell doom for us in the CL

eddiemarin09 said:
I'm the only person that would prefer playing a weaker side ..I don't buy that ooooo it's ok if we lose we can concentrate on the domestic season noooo I don't want us out of the CL that's the greatest compitition we can be in ..I would rather play these teams in the semi finals or quarter finals I don't look at playing barca as a consolation prize as if that's the epidemy of what we are trying to do and just playing them is enough of a treasured moment for us it's fuckin not good enough for me I much rather be the rags playing an olimpiakos or dortmund playing zenit (I know we can't cause we were second) I would much prefer the easier route to the final but this bullshit that just having the privilege to play barca for two legs is enough of a prize..that shit doesn't fly with me just like arsenal would rather not play bayern..and they might not want to play arsenal any team would rather the easier route

But being that we are I'm confident of a great tie..not massively optimistic of a victory but I think it's certainly possible if Kun silva kompany are all fit ..just missing one of them might spell doom for us in the CL
get. out. :)

If there´s a team that can beat Barça now, that´s City. Barça is not doing that well this season. They´re winning many games, of course, they got great players, but they´re suffering a lot in defense. There´s where City´s chances come. City got top players in all attack positions. Besides, many of them know the spanish League. Don´t be hopeless. If I had to bet for one of the two teams, I´d do it for you. You can beat them. Good luck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.