How should we feel about drawing Barca?

pfazz said:
Over in the barca.com forum they are saying things like, this is the hardest possible draw for them and are showing a lot of respect to our squad and chances.

For example...........

We could easily be thrashed here, even if Messi is 100% he will be surrounded by Kompany Fernandinho Yaya, he will get no space. So it will be up to Neymar or Alexis to do something. Our midfield will get over run I reckon by the pace and strength of their midfield, and our defence definitely won't be able to cope with their attack. Overall I am not confident

I doubt this, TBF.

One thing Barca know is that if they can go to the Nou Camp level, or maybe just behind or just ahead, they have the ability in front of their own fans to get the win they need. Their objective will be to make sure they do not get battered so badly that the tie is out of reach. They will fancy themselves on their own turf just as we do on ours, so their mission will be to stay in the tie.

Their game plan will be to stop our flair players running away with it. So I suspect we will see a lot more of Mascherano and Xavi than of neymar and messi. If they nick a goal or two on the break it will be a bonus for them.

pfazz said:
Over in the barca.com forum they are saying things like, this is the hardest possible draw for them and are showing a lot of respect to our squad and chances.

For example...........

We could easily be thrashed here, even if Messi is 100% he will be surrounded by Kompany Fernandinho Yaya, he will get no space. So it will be up to Neymar or Alexis to do something. Our midfield will get over run I reckon by the pace and strength of their midfield, and our defence definitely won't be able to cope with their attack. Overall I am not confident

There's a lot of nerves, but I think a lot can be chalked up to usual fan grass is greener syndrome. They're still top of their league, and they still have the best player in the world.

Chris in London said:
pfazz said:

For example...........

I doubt this, TBF.

One thing Barca know is that if they can go to the Nou Camp level, or maybe just behind or just ahead, they have the ability in front of their own fans to get the win they need. Their objective will be to make sure they do not get battered so badly that the tie is out of reach. They will fancy themselves on their own turf just as we do on ours, so their mission will be to stay in the tie.

Their game plan will be to stop our flair players running away with it. So I suspect we will see a lot more of Mascherano and Xavi than of neymar and messi. If they nick a goal or two on the break it will be a bonus for them.

Nice read, but it will be proved wrong in february. Barcelona's midfield will boss the game. It will be Barcelona who will have 65-70% possession of the ball and I don't really know how are you gonna create more chanches having the ball less time. It will be a defense game for you in the first leg, if you really want to go forward in the competition. If you go into the tie thinking you're gonna come out on top in a riot with Barcelona, you are wrong. Barcelona can not wait to have spaces they can exploit and once you give them that, they will win. City's only chance is to play a Milan type of game in the first leg and hope not to be abused in the return leg.

But the real question is what are your expectations for this tie? You're happy with a win at all costs, or do you want to play great football no matter the result. It's gonna be almost impossible to knock out Barca by dominating the game. And Pellegrini should be careful. Coming out with too much confidence can be as damaging as coming out with no confidence at all.

jared said:
ManAD said:
Big fan of both teams and will be happy if either wins, but happier if City wins :)

Sergio-Aguero-Lionel-Messi-PI_20110715081642989_660_320.JPG

This pic is in dire need of captions

Leo I'll set you up for the 7th in the derby.

mcmanus said:
jared said:
ManAD said:
Big fan of both teams and will be happy if either wins, but happier if City wins :)

Sergio-Aguero-Lionel-Messi-PI_20110715081642989_660_320.JPG

This pic is in dire need of captions

Leo I'll set you up for the 7th in the derby.
Serge, I saw the arsenal game, you tell Yaya if I'm on two he takes no penalties.

The whole world will be watching this one so hope we show our true potential, these sort of game's are the one's that let us know if we are the real deal or not and I cant wait.

FCBarcelona said:
Chris in London said:
pfazz said:

For example...........

I doubt this, TBF.

Nice read, but it will be proved wrong in february. Barcelona's midfield will boss the game. It will be Barcelona who will have 65-70% possession of the ball and I don't really know how are you gonna create more chanches having the ball less time. It will be a defense game for you in the first leg, if you really want to go forward in the competition. If you go into the tie thinking you're gonna come out on top in a riot with Barcelona, you are wrong. Barcelona can not wait to have spaces they can exploit and once you give them that, they will win. City's only chance is to play a Milan type of game in the first leg and hope not to be abused in the return leg.

But the real question is what are your expectations for this tie? You're happy with a win at all costs, or do you want to play great football no matter the result. It's gonna be almost impossible to knock out Barca by dominating the game. And Pellegrini should be careful. Coming out with too much confidence can be as damaging as coming out with no confidence at all.

You not got a game against Olympiakos to worry about?

Cant be doing with all this talk of city pissing it into the next round.

The same city that narrowly beat Bayern away and got totally dicked by them at home

adrianr said:
FCBarcelona said:
Chris in London said:
I doubt this, TBF.

You not got a game against Olympiakos to worry about?
thats what I was thinking alright, a barca fan would know they can't seem to get their holy trinity on the pitch at the same time for 90 mins anymore.

FCBarcelona said:
Chris in London said:
pfazz said:

For example...........

I doubt this, TBF.

Not the same Barcelona, not the same City.

They didn't 'dominate' Villareal this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.