How to bulk up?

Dirty Harry said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
FantasyIreland said:
Good post ade.

In my 'prime' i got myself in such a mess that I honestly believed missing one meal would have had such detrimental effects on my physique and all my efforts that I would sacrifice pretty much everything else in order to eat.

Absolute fucking madness and I hope others can learn from my experience.Make training productive but do not lose perspective of reality........keep things enjoyable and make training fit in around your life and certainly not at the expense of it.

Putting Steroids into your body certainly is :-)

Not really mate, it's what they were made for afterall ;-), the only real issue is how heavily they are abused and pre-existing medical conditions and congenital heart defects.

He's a total dickhead Harry,not in our league.He's too busy fannying about on a gym ball and planking....... ignore the fool,he's not worth a wank.

However,for clarity.......i trained my bollocks off for ten years,completely unassisted,so,like i often try,if anyone needs advice from someone who's 'been there' then just ask.<br /><br />-- 18 Dec 2013 07:50 --<br /><br />
AntiUnited said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
AntiUnited said:
Lol just dirty bulk if u have a high motab..
I think he would like to do it without damaging every organ in his body and looking bulked through high water rentention

It's just a suggestion =0. Eat alot of shit food and walla bulked.

You will look like shite though.Who wants to look fat and bloated?

Eat plenty but eat healthy - clean bulk!

FantasyIreland said:
Dirty Harry said:

Not really mate, it's what they were made for afterall ;-), the only real issue is how heavily they are abused and pre-existing medical conditions and congenital heart defects.

He's a total dickhead Harry,not in our league.He's too busy fannying about on a gym ball and planking....... ignore the fool,he's not worth a wank.

However,for clarity.......i trained my bollocks off for ten years,completely unassisted,so,like i often try,if anyone needs advice from someone who's 'been there' then just ask.

-- 18 Dec 2013 07:50 --

AntiUnited said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
I think he would like to do it without damaging every organ in his body and looking bulked through high water rentention

Gl eating 4k calories of clean food..

Clean bulk, it's all about your macros.

You're body can not differentiate between '' clean'' food and dirty if you meet your macros. You obviously need to work these out , but alot of people get caught up on eating super clean its hard work and puts many off. It takes nearly 48 hours to digest your food too so all this eat small and often is bollocks and regiments peoples lives far to much.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 am --<br /><br />
Richard said:
Glad to see that this thread has been bumped.

In April I was 148lb which for someone at 6ft, was quite ridiculous. I didn't look anerexic, and I certainly enjoyed my food and beer but there wasnt a great deal of lean muscle mass there. Slightly skinny fat if you will.

Fast forward to November and I am now 165lb and have noticed gains in quite a few areas. As is to be expected, I have gained a little bit of fat in the process but the plan is to keep bulking untill around the 175lb mark by March and then cut down to 168(ish) for summer. Hopefully it will reveal abs etc.

Its been hard work, and I am nowhere near there yet, but I am certainly nearer than when I started.

Some people don't like Protein shakes but for me they have been a life saviour. Take Promax in the morning, and Cyclone post workout. Combined it's an easy 450 calories and 60g of Protein, which makes finding the rest a little easier.

The biggest mistake that I made in the past was not eating enough. If your wanting to bulk up, you have to keep eating constantly. I aim at about 350 calories over my daily mainteance, and its worked for me. Don't be afraid of adding a little fat along with the muscle.

At the moment I am really focusing on my posture. Having an desk based job isn't ideal and the physio advises that I have a slight anterior pelvic tilt. If anyone has any experiences in correcting this then please let me know.

Anyone has any questions about anything just give me a shout. I am not Arnie, but if I can do it, literally anyone can.

Cyclone is a rip off mate, if you are just after standard whey there are far better sources.

Dirty Harry said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
AntiUnited said:
Lol just dirty bulk if u have a high motab..

Tbf BB, he has a point, certainly with genuine hard gainers, the problem is, people think they're genuine hard gainers when they are not, same the other way around with people who are carrying too much fat.

Scotty's post, (imo/ime), is on the right lines, but even that isn't set in stone as it doesn't account for diabetics, people in a pre-diabetic state etc, where insulin sensitivity can have a huge impact and people with certain medical conditions, like a B12 deficiency.

I know he does but fast food is high in everything your body doesn't require, you may bulk or gain weight at least but your liver, kidneys and Circulatory system will be highly fucked after a while. I eat well 5-6 days a week for training purposes but also so my general all round health

Dirty Harry said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Dirty Harry said:
Tbf BB, he has a point, certainly with genuine hard gainers, the problem is, people think they're genuine hard gainers when they are not, same the other way around with people who are carrying too much fat.

Scotty's post, (imo/ime), is on the right lines, but even that isn't set in stone as it doesn't account for diabetics, people in a pre-diabetic state etc, where insulin sensitivity can have a huge impact and people with certain medical conditions, like a B12 deficiency.

I know he does but fast food is high in everything your body doesn't require, you may bulk or gain weight at least but your liver, kidneys and Circulatory system will be highly fucked after a while. I eat well 5-6 days a week for training purposes but also so my general all round health

Like what mate ? Very debateable there for something which wouldn't be a lifetime strategy, plus, a 'dirty bulk' doesn't necessarily mean the constant eating of high calorific shit at every meal either, for serious hard gainers, it's just a viable option to include some.

And don't forget, the body is a very smart survival mechanism honed over thousands of years, plenty of people live on shit diets throughout their whole lives let alone brief and temporary periods as in this type of case, plus, in the grand scheme of things, you can damage your liver, kidneys and CRS far more with other lifestyle choices, people can cause damage to their liver and kidneys eating totally clean purely through eating too much protein, causing high bilirubin and urea levels etc, and it really doesn't take that much.

Okay that last bit I dont really understand but I do get your point. I thought the too much protein damages kidney thing was proven wrong.
As for what fast food contains
Stupidly high salt levels
Trans fats
Sat fats
Unrefined sugar spiking carbs

Don't get me wrong like most people I like fast food and eat it regularly enough but no one would claim it has a good effect on the human body. If I was beasting fast food to gain I cant imagine I would want to be training as well, i'd be too tired personally
Although I do understand where you are coming from and I even had a friend dirty bulk. As bulking is a phase though I get your point about it not having a long term effect

FantasyIreland said:
Dirty Harry said:

However,for clarity.......i trained my bollocks off for ten years,completely unassisted,so,like i often try,if anyone needs advice from someone who's 'been there' then just ask.

AntiUnited said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Fuck me Fanny-You are so easy. Fannying around on a gym ball!! Only one fucking fanny on here and it's you-I bet you got one of those fucking horrible fat necks as all the roid heads have (oh and a miniscule cock)...Carry on.I will just keep fucking around because I certainly don't wanna be in your league.

FantasyIreland said:
Dirty Harry said:

AntiUnited said:

Fuck me Fanny-You are so easy. Fannying around on a gym ball!! Only one fucking fanny on here and it's you-I bet you got one of those fucking horrible fat necks as all the roid heads have (oh and a miniscule cock)...Carry on.I will just keep fucking around because I certainly don't wanna be in your league.

Is there a thread or subject that you can post on or about without winding some fucker up?

Can you please stick to the subject in hand without the personal abuse?..............thanks!

Does anyone know how I can but healthily double my calorie intake? I'm eating 4-5 meals a day now but still probably not eating enough. Was going to buy almond nuts the other day for more protein, it was something like £2.60 for a pack. I'm a student so don't have and endless supply of cash.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.