How to bulk up?

I only want to lose weight, basically I've been going to the gym for about a week obviously nothing will change yet but I am wondering if you could help.

I currently do 20 mins rowing 25 mins cycle and 25 mins on the cross trainer. I will be upping it every week or so by 5 mins on each machine.

I've cut out crisp, chocolate and fizzy drinks replaced them with fruit and water

Is this OK?

True_Blue69 said:
Not sure if this is the right thread but a few of you seem to know what youre on about so here goes....

Trying to lose around a stone to get down to 12.5, am 5ft 11 and pretty fit. Play Sunday League football, 5 a side once a week and currently doing 2 x 5-6km runs and 3 x 45 minute gym sessions per week with 30 minute weights. Been doing this for around 4-5 weeks now and only lost 3 pounds. My current diet is a reflex instant whey protein drink made with skimmed milk (around 200 calories) for breakfast plus maybe a banana, the same for lunch and then a bigger dinner after work. I feel as though I have lost inches but my weight is hovering around the same mark. My run times are improving and am feeling lighter and stronger plus fitter at football, just expected to lose more weight.....

Any ideas/advice?

Just a suggestion, have you ever tried Reflex Micro Whey rather than the Instant Whey?

Comparisons below:

Reflex Micro Whey

Total Calories: 108
Protein: 26g
Total Carbohydrates: 0.2g
Fat: 0.3g
Sodium: 55mg
Potassium: 293mg
Digezyme: 50mg

Instant Whey

Total Calories: 93
Protein: 19.5g
Total Carbohydrates: 1.5g
Fat: 1.3g
Sodium: 55mg
Potassium: 243mg
Digezyme: 40mg
Lactospore: 50m/spores

As you can see with the Micro Whey your getting more protein intake with less fat content, for the sake of a few extra pennies i think it's well worth it myself.

Just my humble opinion of course.........

Originals said:
I only want to lose weight, basically I've been going to the gym for about a week obviously nothing will change yet but I am wondering if you could help.

I currently do 20 mins rowing 25 mins cycle and 25 mins on the cross trainer. I will be upping it every week or so by 5 mins on each machine.

I've cut out crisp, chocolate and fizzy drinks replaced them with fruit and water

Is this OK?

As long as you're not just sat there going through the motions and you're putting the effort in the exercises are fine mate (I'd limit it to 60 minutes personally and try and push harder), you could try HIIT when you become a bit fitter, if you google HIIT you'll get the idea bud.
You should be fine cutting the crap out for now mate but keep an eye on portion sizes, when things slow down if you're not at your goal weight then that's something you may have to address, but one step at a time for now.

Dirty Harry said:
Originals said:

Is this OK?

As long as you're not just sat there going through the motions and you're putting the effort in the exercises are fine mate (I'd limit it to 60 minutes personally and try and push harder), you could try HIIT when you become a bit fitter, if you google HIIT you'll get the idea bud.
You should be fine cutting the crap out for now mate but keep an eye on portion sizes, when things slow down if you're not at your goal weight then that's something you may have to address, but one step at a time for now.

I'd certainly recommend HIIT training, i use the Interval setting on the treadmill and use time trials on the bike.

Blowing out my arse afterwards but you get rewarded with the feel good factor.

Horizon BBC 2 9pm - the truth about fat

May be worth a watch for a few on here if they are trying to lose weight.

mcfc2607 said:
SWP's back said:

just go on a diet.
not really hard.
Shows how little you know.

Diets are shite as you soon put the weight back on. Maybe watch the show and not embarrass yourself fella. One needs a lifestyle change, not a short term solution.

SWP's back said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00q3ckr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00q3ckr</a>

its getting ridiculous this..haha i love it really..just played football and came home thinking,"must eat well tonight before bed and get a good kip". for years ive tried to train,play foot bal and work hard on not much sleep and just ate healthy really(i thought it was a good diet for my activity at the time but turns out my calorie intake has been too low for me all this time.)
im looking forward to training tomorrow as my mates there, hes been slacking recently so my sessions havent been as tough as id like.anyhow im gonna train hard until i go away in 2 week. then when im back ill hit it again refreshed...my question is, should i keep my routine the same after a break or switch it up?

Shit load of milk eggs chicken why protiene work out or just eat and do a proper days graft I cut down 2 trees a week log them upand its awork out find something. If it's a couple of trees a week I could use some free wood could lend you a chain saw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.