How to bulk up?

Dirty Harry said:
Originals said:
I only want to lose weight, basically I've been going to the gym for about a week obviously nothing will change yet but I am wondering if you could help.

I currently do 20 mins rowing 25 mins cycle and 25 mins on the cross trainer. I will be upping it every week or so by 5 mins on each machine.

I've cut out crisp, chocolate and fizzy drinks replaced them with fruit and water

Is this OK?

As long as you're not just sat there going through the motions and you're putting the effort in the exercises are fine mate (I'd limit it to 60 minutes personally and try and push harder), you could try HIIT when you become a bit fitter, if you google HIIT you'll get the idea bud.
You should be fine cutting the crap out for now mate but keep an eye on portion sizes, when things slow down if you're not at your goal weight then that's something you may have to address, but one step at a time for now.

I do put the effort in but maybe I could push it more, I'll try HIIT on the bike and cross trainer I used to do it on the treadmill but I always felt it hurt my knees

Would using machine weights help me?

Originals said:
Dirty Harry said:
Originals said:
I only want to lose weight, basically I've been going to the gym for about a week obviously nothing will change yet but I am wondering if you could help.

I currently do 20 mins rowing 25 mins cycle and 25 mins on the cross trainer. I will be upping it every week or so by 5 mins on each machine.

I've cut out crisp, chocolate and fizzy drinks replaced them with fruit and water

Is this OK?

As long as you're not just sat there going through the motions and you're putting the effort in the exercises are fine mate (I'd limit it to 60 minutes personally and try and push harder), you could try HIIT when you become a bit fitter, if you google HIIT you'll get the idea bud.
You should be fine cutting the crap out for now mate but keep an eye on portion sizes, when things slow down if you're not at your goal weight then that's something you may have to address, but one step at a time for now.

I do put the effort in but maybe I could push it more, I'll try HIIT on the bike and cross trainer I used to do it on the treadmill but I always felt it hurt my knees

Would using machine weights help me?

Lol, sorry if that sounded accusary mate, didn't mean it like that, just that many times I see people for example on a rowing machine doing one stroke every ten seconds for an hour, then get off and phone someone saying they're knackered as they've just done an hour on the rowing machine, as long as you're slightly out of breath and sweating for that hour that's a decent enough indicator.
Yes give HIIT a try mate, not too keen on it on the treadmill personally as it takes time for the speed to build up and slow down and as a result you lose a big part of what HIIT is about, that's not to say it wouldn't be beneficial though, better to stick to machines that allow that instant explosive blast, best one I've ever used is the steps at the local park, sprint up then walk or jog down for 15-20 minutes at most (if you can do longer you're not doing it right).
Just note that you may also find you crave carbs like mad afterwards, not to worry though as it's just your body's natural response to you burning off carbs/glycogen and the fact you've just lowered it significantly because of HIIT.

Machine weights or any weight bearing exercise will be a great addition, a simple circuit routine will be more than adequate for your needs, just start with the major muscle groups like legs/back/chest then down to shoulders and arms, try and aim for anything between 8-15 reps and do the circuit 3 times.

Pre-workout lunch. Do I need some complex carbs for my CV work?

[bigimg]https://p.twimg.com/AorhioRCQAMSNBR.jpg:large[/bigimg]

4th time this week .. Feel a bit addicted, need to start getting some gains though before I lose interest!

A sweet potato would have been a fine addition Dave.No need for the protein shake,you have plenty on your plate.

Daveth said:
Pre-workout lunch. Do I need some complex carbs for my CV work?

4th time this week .. Feel a bit addicted, need to start getting some gains though before I lose interest!

Keep at it gains come with effort and dedication most people quit then two weeks after see that they had started gaining.

I was feeling lazy but im off to the gym now so it happens to the best of us.

Fantasy is right no need for the shake but slightly more carbs wouldnt go amiss.

Yeah I thought as I sat down I needed some carbs, will sort out some sweet potatoes with next weeks shop.

My next target is 2 miles in 20 mins on treadmill, currently doing 2 mins running at 7.1mph then 1 min walking at 4.7mph, next week I'll probs give 3 mins / 1 min a go.

Did a big session on my back and abs today, might go again tomorrow for chest and more CV.

Don't worry I'm gonna keep on it .. I'm going to Aus when I've finished uni so I want to be able to take my shirt off on the beach without feeling like a fat shit!

In the routine now with supps, shakes and gym so just need to keep it up. Another month I'll be ready to get topless I think..

Diet is the hardest bit but I've found my appetite has dropped quite a lot now I'm minimising portion sizes. Biggest problem I have is when I go out, need to drink less!

Has anyone taken bsn no xplode before and did it make a difference to how hard you trained? Also are cla and testosterone tablets worth the money? I don't want to take them all just wouldn't mind an extra bit of help. I just drink sci mx onmi mx hardcore atm.

mcfcJosh111 said:
Has anyone taken bsn no xplode before and did it make a difference to how hard you trained? Also are cla and testosterone tablets worth the money? I don't want to take them all just wouldn't mind an extra bit of help. I just drink sci mx onmi mx hardcore atm.

It might give you a tad more focus but train hard and make sure your diet is right first - spend your money on food instead would be my advice.

WTF are testosterone tablets??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.