How to bulk up?

johnny on the spot said:
Good news gym rats. Holland and Barrett have fucked up:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=4345&prodid=5255&sid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/ ... 5255&sid=0</a>

Cheers for that JOTS, they seem to have corrected it now though, those that missed out and want some feel free to message me lol, I managed to get a few just in time.

Dirty Harry said:
johnny on the spot said:
Good news gym rats. Holland and Barrett have fucked up:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=4345&prodid=5255&sid=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/ ... 5255&sid=0</a>

Cheers for that JOTS, they seem to have corrected it now though, those that missed out and want some feel free to message me lol, I managed to get a few just in time.

Do they have to honour it???

I've already told them they can shove their 'goodwill gesture' up their arses lol, if they'd have come clean and said 'listen, we fucked up' I'd have told them fair enough, keep the money, it's only a few quid, just hate being lied to and told them to send them when they're available again, I'm in no rush, trhink I'll just play with them for a while ;-)

didactic said:
Daveth said:
Pre-workout lunch. Do I need some complex carbs for my CV work?

4th time this week .. Feel a bit addicted, need to start getting some gains though before I lose interest!

Keep at it gains come with effort and dedication most people quit then two weeks after see that they had started gaining.
I was feeling lazy but im off to the gym now so it happens to the best of us.

Fantasy is right no need for the shake but slightly more carbs wouldnt go amiss.

Think this is a good mantra for people who don't see results as quickly as they would like.
Keep going, because as Didactic says, you will be sat watching Emmerdale a couple of weeks later, look down and think..."blimey charlie, I was actually getting somewhere"

Another good cardio workout, if running bores you, is Circuit Training. None stop for 60 minutes, using different muscles is a great all-round workout.
I have unbelievable respect for the larger people who attend the classes. I highly doubt that I would have the same courage that they have to actually turn up (I hope this doesn't come across as derrogatory or patronising, because it couldn't be further from the truth.)

can i have some advise on doing sit ups

im really shit at them and i dont know how to do it... whether its physical or mental im not sure

is it best to have both hands by your ears and push up to your knees ? in which my legs cant help but be dragged off the floor

or stay low, just pushing up half way ... but my neck kills and i dont really feel it on my abs ...

Salford_Blue said:
didactic said:
Daveth said:
Pre-workout lunch. Do I need some complex carbs for my CV work?

4th time this week .. Feel a bit addicted, need to start getting some gains though before I lose interest!

Keep at it gains come with effort and dedication most people quit then two weeks after see that they had started gaining.
I was feeling lazy but im off to the gym now so it happens to the best of us.

Fantasy is right no need for the shake but slightly more carbs wouldnt go amiss.

Think this is a good mantra for people who don't see results as quickly as they would like.
Keep going, because as Didactic says, you will be sat watching Emmerdale a couple of weeks later, look down and think..."blimey charlie, I was actually getting somewhere"

Another good cardio workout, if running bores you, is Circuit Training. None stop for 60 minutes, using different muscles is a great all-round workout.
I have unbelievable respect for the larger people who attend the classes. I highly doubt that I would have the same courage that they have to actually turn up (I hope this doesn't come across as derrogatory or patronising, because it couldn't be further from the truth.)

Agreed, it must take some guts (no pun intended) for some of the larger people to attend classes like that. Hats off to them for getting off their arse's and doing something about their weight.

Markt85 said:
can i have some advise on doing sit ups

im really shit at them and i dont know how to do it... whether its physical or mental im not sure

is it best to have both hands by your ears and push up to your knees ? in which my legs cant help but be dragged off the floor

or stay low, just pushing up half way ... but my neck kills and i dont really feel it on my abs ...

Tbh Mark different 'experts and guru's' can have very different views on sit-ups, one minute it's bent knees, hands across chest all the way down and all the way up, then next week it can be something different because 'all the way down stretches your abdomen' and/or 'causes x number of back problems', 'bent and secure knees put too much stress on the lower back' etc etc etc.

I just either do bent and secure knees, hands across chest and stop just short at the top and the bottom OR cruches on a bench with hands at side of the head and touch knees with elbows and hanging leg raises, never caused me any problems at all.

PS 'vacuums' are good too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.