How to bulk up?

blueboyforever said:
When you eat chicken/fish with rice/veg do you put any sauce with them. It just sounds really dry and unappealing.

Yes you can mate, anything along the lines of chopped tinned tomatoes, bit of tomato puree, bit of seasoning and sweetener and some oregano,basil and garlic, but really, anything that isn't loaded with too much sugar and fat, and then there are plenty of spices and other herbs that you can use, one of my favourites was just chicken, noodles, some chinese spices, broccoli and fresh pineapple, you can still have chicken kebabs, just change the naan to pitta or a wholemeal wrap, salad, yoghurt and mint and a bit of mango.

You don't need to starve and it doesn't need to be bland to lose fat, it just takes a bit of imagination and a basic knowledge of food and ingredients mate, get a decent cookery book and you'll be right Dave .

Dirty Harry said:
blueboyforever said:
When you eat chicken/fish with rice/veg do you put any sauce with them. It just sounds really dry and unappealing.

Yes you can mate, anything along the lines of chopped tinned tomatoes, bit of tomato puree, bit of seasoning and sweetener and some oregano,basil and garlic, but really, anything that isn't loaded with too much sugar and fat, and then there are plenty of spices and other herbs that you can use, one of my favourites was just chicken, noodles, some chinese spices, broccoli and fresh pineapple, you can still have chicken kebabs, just change the naan to pitta or a wholemeal wrap, salad, yoghurt and mint and a bit of mango.

You don't need to starve and it doesn't need to be bland to lose fat, it just takes a bit of imagination and a basic knowledge of food and ingredients mate, get a decent cookery book and you'll be right Dave .
Thanks for the advice, have you got any ideas of exercise for my girlfriend? She started the couch to 5k then had to stop as she did something to her knee. She was sent to have xray on it and thats come back clear and now she has to have scans as her knee clicks when walking. She has been advised to stop high impact exercises until they know whats wrong but the appointment isn't for a month. Is there any exercise she can do in the meantime?

Is it possible to get ripped in 12 week?

Going on holiday then and really want to look good for the holiday

I was going to follow this diet:

Morning: 3 scrambled eggs on granary toast

snack: protein shake/fruit or nuts

lunch: pasta tuna or chicken and dolmio sauce for taste

tea: veg with chicken, beef or steak

blueboyforever said:
Dirty Harry said:
blueboyforever said:

Thanks for the advice, have you got any ideas of exercise for my girlfriend? She started the couch to 5k then had to stop as she did something to her knee. She was sent to have xray on it and thats come back clear and now she has to have scans as her knee clicks when walking. She has been advised to stop high impact exercises until they know whats wrong but the appointment isn't for a month. Is there any exercise she can do in the meantime?

I wouldn't really like to say until she knows the full picture mate, from my own experience (ACL reconstruction and no cartilages in knee) I would imagine swimming would be fine and anything that has little impact on the joint itself like walking and maybe a cross trainer, but I would still get her to phone the relevant department and check with them first, no point in doing something which could cause more damage and set her back more than is necessary bud.

JamesMCFC said:

It depends where you sit at the moment really mate, if you're 10 stone overweight in fat then no, if you're a stone overweight in fat then yes, but it's hard work.
Don't be fooled too much by what you see in magazines etc (sorry if that sounds condescending mate but it isn't meant to be) but what you see in them is the end result of some very hard work and often quite an unhealthy diet, it takes huge sacrifice to get in that condition and it's normally achievable for a short time for the vast majority of people.

Here's a couple of examples I'm talking about from a male model

0800 muslea + scoop of protein + soya milk
0930 protein drink
1100 1 carrot
1300 5 egg white omlette + cottage cheese + salsa
1500 bowl of jelly
1630 bowl of jelly
TRAIN
1800 whey post workout
1900 same as 1300
2100 bowl of jelly, scoop of whey mixed with natural yogurt

and one to lose as much fat (regardless of muscle loss) in 16 days for a shoot (bearing in mind he's already carrying a fair amount of lean muscle)

8am - bowl muslea + one scoop whey
TRAIN
10am - 1 can tuna + cottage cheese
12pm – bowl of jelly/jelly protein bar
2pm – 2 raw carrots
4pm – jelly
6pm – chick breast, brussel sprouts, cottage cheese
8pm – jelly/jelly protein bar
10pm- 2 aw carrots

So as you can see, very difficult and not healthy at al, especially for any great length of time, there's also the Velocity diet, which is similar to above that you may wish to read up on.

Ps you'd have to lift and do A LOT of cardio on these limited calories too.

Dirty Harry said:
JamesMCFC said:

It depends where you sit at the moment really mate, if you're 10 stone overweight in fat then no, if you're a stone overweight in fat then yes, but it's hard work.
Don't be fooled too much by what you see in magazines etc (sorry if that sounds condescending mate but it isn't meant to be) but what you see in them is the end result of some very hard work and often quite an unhealthy diet, it takes huge sacrifice to get in that condition and it's normally achievable for a short time for the vast majority of people.

0930 protein drink
1100 1 carrot
1500 bowl of jelly
1630 bowl of jelly
TRAIN
1800 whey post workout
1900 same as 1300

and one to lose as much fat (regardless of muscle loss) in 16 days for a shoot (bearing in mind he's already carrying a fair amount of lean muscle)

TRAIN
2pm – 2 raw carrots
4pm – jelly
10pm- 2 aw carrots

So as you can see, very difficult and not healthy at al, especially for any great length of time, there's also the Velocity diet, which is similar to above that you may wish to read up on.

Cheers for the advice mate

I've heard of that velocity diet is the one where you live of 5 protein shakes a day and have 1 solid meal a week?

JamesMCFC said:
Cheers for the advice mate

I've heard of that velocity diet is the one where you live of 5 protein shakes a day and have 1 solid meal a week?

Off the top of my head that's pretty much it mate, there's a few other things thrown in like fish oil tabs and some form of fast carbs around training I think aswell, harsh as fuck tbh and not for me, I could do one meal a day and the shakes short term, but not one meal a week.
If you go down that route, REALLY do make sure you read and understand everything about it, it will give great results short term and some of the most knowledgeable people out there do give it credit, but again it needs to be understood fully mate.

Dirty Harry said:
JamesMCFC said:

0930 protein drink
1100 1 carrot
1500 bowl of jelly
1630 bowl of jelly
TRAIN
1800 whey post workout
1900 same as 1300

TRAIN
2pm – 2 raw carrots
4pm – jelly
10pm- 2 aw carrots

What's with the jelly? Is it just a way of getting as much energy as possible, without taking anything else in such carbs/fat?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.