How to bulk up?

didactic said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
I'm only messing mate. I don't hate you or even dislike you. In fact a few occasions on here I've defended you when some posters have wanted you banned. To keep this on topic, which is the quickest way to get rid of a beer gut? A bloke at the gym says sit-ups are pointless and I need to just use the treadmill, bike and rower.

Less beer and more movement I know it is hard but for some who hate the thought of jogging or gym membership I always suggest getting a bike. A decent one can be found cheap on ebay (try and avoid halfords unless you are building it yourself). Makre sure the frame fits you and just start riding to places you hop into the car for. Simple things like going to get some milk or even going to meet friends as long as you are not drinking much can be done on a bike. As you get fitter and in this lovely weather you can start riding longer and further. Combine this with the right diet and you will lose the belly in no time.

I am not saying stop drinking but you cannot get plasted every night and expect results.
I'm ok regarding the booze really. I only drink once or twice a week. I've done the cycling before. From where I live to Sowerby bridge and back is 50 miles and after a month or so, couldn't see much difference. I'll go back to walking I think because when I was a postman, I didn't have an ounce of fat on me.

my trainings going well, gone to 3 fullbody workouts a week after suggestions on here, still not entirely sure what im doing will be efficient, pre season doesnt start till july so minimising cardio to maximise my strength and muscle gains.

Inspired by this motivational training video from some yank NFL wannabe as well, the guys a weapon!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ[/youtube]

didactic said:
I'm only messing mate. I don't hate you or even dislike you. In fact a few occasions on here I've defended you when some posters have wanted you banned. To keep this on topic, which is the quickest way to get rid of a beer gut? A bloke at the gym says sit-ups are pointless and I need to just use the treadmill, bike and rower.

Less beer and more movement I know it is hard but for some who hate the thought of jogging or gym membership I always suggest getting a bike. A decent one can be found cheap on ebay (try and avoid halfords unless you are building it yourself). Makre sure the frame fits you and just start riding to places you hop into the car for. Simple things like going to get some milk or even going to meet friends as long as you are not drinking much can be done on a bike. As you get fitter and in this lovely weather you can start riding longer and further. Combine this with the right diet and you will lose the belly in no time.

I am not saying stop drinking but you cannot get plasted every night and expect results.
I'm ok regarding the booze really. I only drink once or twice a week. I've done the cycling before. From where I live to Sowerby bridge and back is 50 miles and after a month or so, couldn't see much difference. I'll go back to walking I think because when I was a postman, I didn't have an ounce of fat on me.

A month really is not that long and you have to combine diet and exercise. If you think walking was better for you, do that. Good luck if you still to it around the 3 month mark you will have very solid results.

Alright guys,need some advice.

I'm 5ft 9 and am just over 13stone(13 2lb).been running for about 3-4 weeks now and have lost about a stone.

I want to shift another 16-18lbs and get the old 'ripped' physique look so I am looking at introducing weights/protein shakes into my life so have a few questions for the knowledgable ones!

What kind of weight training programme would be best for me?

What protein shakes are the best?

Should I keep doing my current level of cardio?(5 miles 4-5 times a week)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GStar said:
FantasyIreland said:
Stimulate not annihilate,regardless of assistance,springs to mind.

Maybe for a pro bodybuilder like Kai, but for the 99% surely they can get their 'stimulation' in the usual 45 minute window?

That's exactly what i'm suggesting.

yeah i watched kai greene's overkill, the guys training is unbelievable, and the way he just listens to motivational videos and tapes, crazy.

staffs_blue said:
Alright guys,need some advice.

I'm 5ft 9 and am just over 13stone(13 2lb).been running for about 3-4 weeks now and have lost about a stone.

I want to shift another 16-18lbs and get the old 'ripped' physique look so I am looking at introducing weights/protein shakes into my life so have a few questions for the knowledgable ones!

What kind of weight training programme would be best for me?

What protein shakes are the best?

Should I keep doing my current level of cardio?(5 miles 4-5 times a week)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

When you say the ripped look what do you mean? And a stone in 3 - 4 weeks is an amazing result well done. If you have never done any weight training before it will take slightly longer than that for you to get the results you want.

Lets see what you want to achieve first but that cardio is a lot of running to combine that with weight training might be difficult unless you have a lot of time on your hands. How much time can you train and be more specific with regards to what your aims are?

Hope everyone has been working out well personally I have been feeling demotivated due to the weather. When it is rainy and dark I usually just go for a long ride instead of a run as I get home quicker if the rain gets heavier. This is the time to not give up as it is easy to get lazy and just stay indoors. Also with the football on there is that extra reason not to bother. I have to always force myself through it and get my workout in or I feel guilty watching the games without training.

I see so many guys in the gym that rush in and do not warm up and try and cram everything into one workout session. This is just screaming for injury and because they do not take their time their form is terrible too. So things to remember are.

Warm ups are a MUST not something you can skip.
You cannot work everything out in 1/2 days it just doesnt work.
Form is crucial better to have light weights and perfect form then try to be Hulk Hogen while you lift incorrectly.
Stay hydrated water is important if you are training right you will sweat right and you need water.
If you are training wrong you are in the gym as a "poser" and you will not sweat and you will not get the results.
Warm downs are a MUST you need to let your heart rate slow down and stretch the muscles. Skipping this will eventually result in a probable long term injury.
Most important is what you eat no point going in and sweating for 45mins/1hr and then going to Mcdonalds afterwards (I know so many people who do this as they feel they deserve it). Eat right the correct food at the correct time and the correct portions and your body will reward you.

Good luck pump hard, eat right and get the necessary rest and the results always follow.

js0g3m.png

Fucked my ankle up this weekend on the lash. No deadlifts or squats for me this week. Annoyed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.