How to bulk up?

This thread has died a bit, guessing since Didactic has been banned!
Had a tattoo on my stomach 2 days ago.. advised not to go to the gym for at least a week. Can feel my minimal gains disappearing before my very eyes :(

Daveth said:
Had a tattoo on my stomach 2 days ago.. advised not to go to the gym for at least a week. Can feel my minimal gains disappearing before my very eyes :(

Pics ?

staffs_blue said:
Alright guys,need some advice.

I'm 5ft 9 and am just over 13stone(13 2lb).been running for about 3-4 weeks now and have lost about a stone.

I want to shift another 16-18lbs and get the old 'ripped' physique look so I am looking at introducing weights/protein shakes into my life so have a few questions for the knowledgable ones!

What kind of weight training programme would be best for me?

What protein shakes are the best?

Should I keep doing my current level of cardio?(5 miles 4-5 times a week)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Good on you mate!

Best way for getting lean/ripped - it will be hard but will be certainly worth it!

The main thing is eating well, high protein low carbs with good fruit,veg and water intake! Carry on running as this is reducing your body fat and triggering weight loss in places where you'll be doing weights and will in the long run cause a leaner body!

If I was you. I'd isolate the weight programme if you have the time, for example, arms (biceps,triceps,shoulders) one day, pecs another, core, back, pecs and so forth! This should give good recovery time and aid muscle growth!

In terms of protein shakes, are you looking for solely protein or happy with extras such as L-glutamine and Creatine? These combined will aid recovery and really improve your strength! So if i was you I'd look for a combination of these 3! I've used PHD Iso-7 synergy and think its great, mixes well and tastes great! All depending on the price you want to pay!

bobmcfc said:
Daveth said:

Pics ?

Here it is, colour not come out great on this pic but it is amazing in the flesh. Very happy with how it came out, worth the pain.

img0714icx.jpg

Not the best pic as it is difficult to take a pic of myself at this angle !

Edit: before anyone makes any wisecracks it is a Koi Carp!

Daveth said:
bobmcfc said:
Daveth said:

Pics ?

Here it is, colour not come out great on this pic but it is amazing in the flesh. Very happy with how it came out, worth the pain.

img0714icx.jpg

Not the best pic as it is difficult to take a pic of myself at this angle !

Edit: before anyone makes any wisecracks it is a Koi Carp!
I like it

What do people on here bench? I only ask as I have no idea what is considered a decent amount (and as such won't say what I do). Only been back in training for about 6 months and with the same guy I always train with. I can out lift him but it's no shock as I have about 5 inches and 4 stone on him so I can't guage how I am doing.

SWP's back said:
What do people on here bench? I only ask as I have no idea what is considered a decent amount (and as such won't say what I do). Only been back in training for about 6 months and with the same guy I always train with. I can out lift him but it's no shock as I have about 5 inches and 4 stone on him so I can't guage how I am doing.

1.5 x bodyweight for a max lift is 'decent' imo,for reps - obviously better still......

Look to your deadlift and squat for a better gauge of strength.

You'll probably find most experienced lads dont go off weight though,they just lift according to feel,leave the ego at the door etc.....

The best judge of a physique is the mirror.

FantasyIreland said:
SWP's back said:

1.5 x bodyweight for a max lift is 'decent' imo,for reps - obviously better still......

Look to your deadlift and squat for a better gauge of strength.

You'll probably find most experienced lads dont go off weight though,they just lift according to feel,leave the ego at the door etc.....

The best judge of a physique is the mirror.
Oh I've no issues with my physique mate, it's improving every week with hard work. I just wondered what I should be working to. 1.5x body weight suggest I have a fuck load to improve yet as I weigh 100kg.

Good on ya SWP.

I appreciate 150k is heavy but its obviously relative and realistic,just takes alot of work - keep at it just dont risk injury for the sake of ego - lift sensible - your body will thank you,believe me.....

Oh and dont flat barbell bench,use the incline or risk destroying your shoulders,again believe me!

SWP's back said:

Forget how much man.
egos are left outside the gym door.
As long as every time you lift you're lifting bigger or performing more quality reps, thats all thats important.

Plus everyone will add 20kgs on their bench and make you feel shit haha

Edit: apologies for repeating what was already said. Posted on my phone and hadn't refreshed the page :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.