How to bulk up?

Dirty Harry said:
This calculater will give you a better idea of your 1RM without fucking oyur shoulder up SWP.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.hamiltonsfitness.co.uk/calculate_your_one_rep_max_lift.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.hamiltonsfitness.co.uk/calcu ... x_lift.htm</a>
Cheers mate, never tried a one rep max in my life, always worked on ten reps which that calculator reckons would give me a 146kg. I'll setlle at that (just about 1.5x body weight).

On the bulk/cut thing.... Fuck! As I say, my body fat isn't silly at the moment at any rate. I'll probably be able to reduce it just through diet (or my cabernet intake) hopefully.

okay before i start, this question isn't muscle building related.

im 20 and play/played semi pro football. the reason i say played is because in april i broke my leg. ive had surgery & have had it plated & bolted and in the next 3 weeks i will be getting the all clear from the hospital to step up my rehad and think about playing football again. obviously before i broke my leg my fitness was decent, so my question is, what will be the best way to go about building that fitness up again? any advice is welcome.

mcfc2607 said:
I want to put muscle on but I find it hard to put on weight, I am currently 5ft 10 and 10 and half stone. Would you reccomend a weight gainer or not. Ta

Not needed mate,just eat good clean food - starting with breakfast on waking eating 5 or 6 meals a day.
Base your diet around a 40/40/20 - carbs/protein/fat - lean meat/fish/eggs/nuts/potatoes/wholemeal rice/bread/oats/fruit and plenty of veg.

Cut back on nicotine,alcohol and caffeine.

Train hard and heavy 3 times a week using a routine that hits all major body parts - legs,chest,shoulders and back.

FantasyIreland said:
mcfc2607 said:
I want to put muscle on but I find it hard to put on weight, I am currently 5ft 10 and 10 and half stone. Would you reccomend a weight gainer or not. Ta

Not needed mate,just eat good clean food - starting with breakfast on waking eating 5 or 6 meals a day.
Base your diet around a 40/40/20 - carbs/protein/fat - lean meat/fish/eggs/nuts/potatoes/wholemeal rice/bread/oats/fruit and plenty of veg.

Cut back on nicotine,alcohol and caffeine.

Train hard and heavy 3 times a week using a routine that hits all major body parts - legs,chest,shoulders and back.
boo!

Fazz28 said:
okay before i start, this question isn't muscle building related.

im 20 and play/played semi pro football. the reason i say played is because in april i broke my leg. ive had surgery & have had it plated & bolted and in the next 3 weeks i will be getting the all clear from the hospital to step up my rehad and think about playing football again. obviously before i broke my leg my fitness was decent, so my question is, what will be the best way to go about building that fitness up again? any advice is welcome.
interesting that mate, im 20 and play semi pro. Ive had a knee operation before and on rehab from that its just a steady increase of building up your fitness, start slowly, non impact stuff like cycling or swimming and also start to do some light strength work on your leg, as it will be nowhere near the strength of your other one now, be very careful though. Give it a google, im sure there's rafts of stuff on it.

Daveth said:
3 months progress. Started at 180lbs now 162lbs (6'0" btw)
[bigimg]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4903/progress17072012.png[/bigimg]
Still trying to lower BF% atm but will lean bulk when it is down to 12ish%

Good gains keep it up. This is the weather that separates the men from the boys. Its so hot outside I could just go home and relax with a cold drink but instead I am going to ride for half an hour then hit the gym. Keep at it blue in the end it is all worth it.

didactic said:
Daveth said:
3 months progress. Started at 180lbs now 162lbs (6'0" btw)
[bigimg]http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4903/progress17072012.png[/bigimg]
Still trying to lower BF% atm but will lean bulk when it is down to 12ish%

Good gains keep it up. This is the weather that separates the men from the boys. Its so hot outside I could just go home and relax with a cold drink but instead I am going to ride for half an hour then hit the gym. Keep at it blue in the end it is all worth it.
Just finished a gym session now though my training partner fucked off after 3/4 hour to go to the pub beer garden next door. I stayed and finished my excercises, you'd have been proud.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.