How to bulk up?

If you can manage whole food James then eat, WHOLE-FOOD, the most anabolic substance known to man :-).
That diet, depends on how much you weigh now really, don't forget, you need to increase macro's to support new muscle growth mate, for now, personally I'd add a protein shake on waking, more eggs or sardines for breakfast and then something like Cottage cheese,Quark or even steak/chicken before bed, save the protein drinks for pre and postworkout if you must.

Dirty Harry said:
If you can manage whole food James then eat, WHOLE-FOOD, the most anabolic substance known to man :-).
That diet, depends on how much you weigh now really, don't forget, you need to increase macro's to support new muscle growth mate, for now, personally I'd add a protein shake on waking, more eggs or sardines for breakfast and then something like Cottage cheese,Quark or even steak/chicken before bed, save the protein drinks for pre and postworkout if you must.

Cheers mate

JamesMCFC said:
SWP's back said:
I'd throw in a few protein shakes with those meals, or before them.

How about before I go bed mate?

2 scoops of protein?
It's a long time going from tea at 5-7pm all the way through to breakfast at 7-9am. All those hours without any sort of calories entering the body.

When I was really into my training I used to set an alarm (sometimes I'd still be up) at 1.30am and have a protein shake then. It gives the body some protein and calories at a time where it may usually go 12hoyrs without any.

Think of your body like a babies when your trying to bulk up. You see natural states for the body to be in in progressive levels of growth. Throughout it all a baby will want to eat in the middle of the night. It has to. It's not good to go all them hours without food when you're growing.

Absolutely no need to wake for a feed during the night,8 hrs kip will serve you far better.

As DH suggested Cottage cheese/Quark or mackerel/sardines or a protein blend and natural nut butter half hour before bed will happilly see you through to your Porridge.....

Try not to rely on bread - its shite.However,if you have to go down that route choose whoemeal pitta or Rye bread.

JamesMCFC said:
What do you recommend for breakfast then?

Porridge and a protein shake?

Thats fine,although i'd add some berries to the porridge.Weetabix,Shredded wheat or sugar free muesli are also good.

6 egg whites and 1 yolk or 30g protein shake.

I've been avoiding cereals altogether as part of my paleo diet. But found that it's a faff scrambling or boiling eggs in the morning. You reckon Weetabix are ok, FI?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.