How to bulk up?

GStar said:
This is my average day, think i need to make a few tweaks.

Breakfast.
2 egg omlette, splash of milk, chorizo/pepperoni for taste
Oatmeal (oat so simple)
Teaspoon of peanut butter

Mid Morning
Protien shake
Banana
Handful of Cashews

Lunch
Tin of tuna
Uncle Bens wholemeal rice

Mid afternoon
Protien shake
piece of fruit
some more cashews

Post workout
Protien shake
Banana

Tea
Chicken/Turkey/Steak
Sweet potato
Veg

Macros don't seem to be too bad; 170 - 200g protein a day, 150g-200g carbs decent amount of good fats.

Could do with getting a regular gym partner again though, worked more intensely and saw more progress.

Hmm good post this people should post their diets on here give others ideas.

At the moment mine is governed by routine and laziness... i've been meaning to buy Tupperware boxes for months and makes my own chicken breast/sweet potato wedges/broccoli or greens to take to work with me.

I could do with replacing one of my shakes with actual food but more importantly, i could do with a new set of genetics which allows me to actually put some fucking weight on after eating all that and working my arse off in the gym 3-4 times a week ;)

GStar said:
Could do with getting a regular gym partner again though, worked more intensely and saw more progress.
Where do you work out fella? I'm out in Parrs Wood which is probably no help at all.

My partner is doing my skull in by always wanting to cut corners at the moment. I don't see the point in doing that.

SWP's back said:
GStar said:
Where do you work out fella? I'm out in Parrs Wood which is probably no help at all.

My partner is doing my skull in by always wanting to cut corners at the moment. I don't see the point in doing that.

At the moment i'm at Pure Gym on Great Ancoats, it's on the way home so i can get cooking pretty soon after i'm done. That and there's free parking... i'm about to google Parrs Wood, this isn't going to end well.

Saying that, i work in Cheadle, could take a right at the top of Princess Park Way and into Didsbury?

GStar said:
SWP's back said:
GStar said:

At the moment i'm at Pure Gym on Great Ancoats, it's on the way home so i can get cooking pretty soon after i'm done. That and there's free parking... i'm about to google Parrs Wood, this isn't going to end well.

Saying that, i work in Cheadle, could take a right at the top of Princess Park Way and into Didsbury?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.watersidehotel.co.uk/index.php/leisure.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.watersidehotel.co.uk/index.php/leisure.html</a>

£200 for 6 months, pay upfront, no DD's. It's got all anyone needs in a Gym and is on the Kingsway so not a million miles out for you I guess.

Ever want a guest pass give me a shout and Ill see if I can sort one.

It's got a fuck off pool and jacuzzi bit as well which is good to sit in with a brandy and talk about common folk and how we could use a good war or two.

ps - pics on that site are of one room of machines, there are two machine rooms, one aerobic room (cross trainers and tred mills), one outside space for shuttle runs etc, one ropom of free weights and 2 studios for spinning and the like.

FFS i'm in a no frills, no contract £15 p/month jobbie.

Have a look at the guest pass (£10er a pop?) i'll definitely come down and give it a go.

Have your fingers crossed for me on Monday, i've got a meeting with the deputy MD; my Boss (Project Managment Director) and the Owner of the company apparently have a 'vision' for me, which he wants to see if i share.

In none bollocks speak, there's either a nice step up the corporate ladder coming, or i'll be job hunting on Monday! Both could result in a few extra quid to spend on brandy and jacuzzis.

GStar said:
Would you agree that meal timing is much less important than originally believed?

Probably.......

However,i know what works best for me maybe wont for you.

As long as you are consuming enough quality nutrients within a 24hr period you will,without doubt,grow,however,as to what you look like from an asthetic point of view,i believe timings are very important.

For me eating regularly(3hr periods) keeps me looking my best,also exactly what i eat at certain times(insulin response) also impacts on my physique,i like to base the majority of my carbs around workouts,brekky or any other time of energy demand,other meals are based around greens and/or fats and protein.

Basically its trial and error but,i understand,for the vast majority,such fine tuning just isnt important or even worth the hassle.

FantasyIreland said:
GStar said:
Would you agree that meal timing is much less important than originally believed?

Probably.......

However,i know what works best for me maybe wont for you.

As long as you are consuming enough quality nutrients within a 24hr period you will,without doubt,grow,however,as to what you look like from an asthetic point of view,i believe timings are very important.

For me eating regularly(3hr periods) keeps me looking my best,also exactly what i eat at certain times(insulin response) also impacts on my physique,i like to base the majority of my carbs around workouts,brekky or any other time of energy demand,other meals are based around greens and/or fats and protein.

Basically its trial and error but,i understand,for the vast majority,such fine tuning just isnt important or even worth the hassle.
Broscience.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.