How to bulk up?

Ntini77 said:
Will I struggle to build muscle as I don't eat meat?

I'm just about to begin the 60 day Insanity workout but their nutrition plan doesn't suit someone like me at all.

I would say you will struggle to build muscle at all on the Insanity regime, as it is so cardio-heavy. I used it as a fat-loss mechanism before I started trying to build muscle on top. I did lose half a stone, and that was without following the nutrition plan, and before I'd been given the advice of the knowledgeable folk on here.

Ntini77 said:

I'm just about to begin the 60 day Insanity workout but their nutrition plan doesn't suit someone like me at all.

Does that include fish? Reason I ask is because some folk say they will not eat meat or chicken but have no problem with fish. QR is right if you are doing anything heavy in cardio you will burn fat and if you do not eat right lose muscle. You have to balance diet with training.

didactic said:
Ntini77 said:

Does that include fish? Reason I ask is because some folk say they will not eat meat or chicken but have no problem with fish. QR is right if you are doing anything heavy in cardio you will burn fat and if you do not eat right lose muscle. You have to balance diet with training.

Sorry, should have said I'm a vegetarian. No meat, no fish.

I'll give the program a whirl, but it does sound like I'll struggle. I'm eating approximately 1200 calories per day, less than half of what the Harris Benedict Equation (no idea how accurate this is by the way) suggests.

Ntini77 said:
didactic said:
Ntini77 said:

Sorry, should have said I'm a vegetarian. No meat, no fish.

I'll give the program a whirl, but it does sound like I'll struggle. I'm eating approximately 1200 calories per day, less than half of what the Harris Benedict Equation (no idea how accurate this is by the way) suggests.

Cool well I would say you will have to make sure you take your egg whites, nuts and vegetables. Avoid proceeded foods as much as possible too. Do your planned programme but after that I would suggest when you work out that you make sure your training is quick and hard. You do not want to spend more than an 45mins in the gym each time.

Learn to like peanut butter as well as many calcium rich veges you can find and eat the same as if you ate meat. So 4/5 small meals a day. In a way I envy you as you are likely to be much more cut with less BF. If you drink try and leave that to one/two days max a week and only moderate amounts.

Good luck.

Veggie plan??

1 - Muesli/soy milk and protein shake

2 - small handful of almonds

3 - mixed bean salad

4 - apple and protein shake

Train

5 - banana and shake

6 - sweet potato/tofu stir fry

7 - cottage cheese

FantasyIreland said:
Veggie plan??

1 - Muesli/soy milk and protein shake

2 - small handful of almonds

3 - mixed bean salad

4 - apple and protein shake

Train

5 - banana and shake

6 - sweet potato/tofu stir fry

7 - cottage cheese

That sounds great and im not even a veggie

Use it as a template and change accordingly if you eat meat/eggs etc.

Either way,with hard work in the gym,it will work.

Ntini77 said:
Thanks for the advice, guys.

One last question: Is whey protein recommended?

Yes,especially on waking and around workouts.

Powders(including Casein/soy etc) are particularly useful for you as you may otherwise struggle to meeet your quota of protein on a Veg diet.

Hemp powder may also be of interest to you.......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.