How to bulk up?

FantasyIreland said:
Ntini77 said:
Thanks for the advice, guys.

One last question: Is whey protein recommended?

Yes,especially on waking and around workouts.

Powders(including Casein/soy etc) are particularly useful for you as you may otherwise struggle to meeet your quota of protein on a Veg diet.

Hemp powder may also be of interest to you.......

Roberto-Mancini-Manchester-City.png

Ntini77 said:
Will I struggle to build muscle as I don't eat meat?

I'm just about to begin the 60 day Insanity workout but their nutrition plan doesn't suit someone like me at all.

Hello i have been vegetarian for several years. I am not a body builder but used to train for size when i was a rugby player and now do MMA. I currently weigh 100kg and have previously been 110kg and have aprox 15% body fat (working on this), so in my experience you can build lean muscle on a veggie diet.

i do not get stresed about my diet to much, just try to have a serving of protein with each meal, whole grains, pulses, loads of eggs, milk then protein milk shakes. i also sprinkle flac seed on my breakfast that tastes fucking awful but is a good source of omega. i do also supplement with fish oil, glutamine and vegan multi vitamins

The bike in my room became a clotheshorse however i'm giving this tabata work out a try. Here is a counter for anyone who wants to do it. 20 seconds intense 10 seconds rest. Im fucked.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1l8aoFs_H0&feature=related[/youtube]

Howling Wolf said:
Ntini77 said:

I'm just about to begin the 60 day Insanity workout but their nutrition plan doesn't suit someone like me at all.

Hello i have been vegetarian for several years. I am not a body builder but used to train for size when i was a rugby player and now do MMA. I currently weigh 100kg and have previously been 110kg and have aprox 15% body fat (working on this), so in my experience you can build lean muscle on a veggie diet.

i do not get stresed about my diet to much, just try to have a serving of protein with each meal, whole grains, pulses, loads of eggs, milk then protein milk shakes. i also sprinkle flac seed on my breakfast that tastes fucking awful but is a good source of omega. i do also supplement with fish oil, glutamine and vegan multi vitamins

Again, thanks for the advice.

I best get shopping!

Ntini77 said:
Howling Wolf said:
Ntini77 said:

I best get shopping!

Are you OK with regards TVP products Ntini ? Always a good way to whack the protein content up with minimal fat mate if you are.

Dirty Harry said:
Ntini77 said:
Howling Wolf said:

I best get shopping!

Are you OK with regards TVP products Ntini ? Always a good way to whack the protein content up with minimal fat mate if you are.

I'll look into it thanks.

They do 'chicken pieces', 'mince' etc mate so if you're decent enough in the kitchen you can easily still enjoy chilli's, curry's, Shepherds/Cottage pie, you can even make your own 'burgers' as long you're OK with an egg to bind it, my Mrs actualy prefers it to the real stuff despite not being a veggie.

Ntini77 said:

I best get shopping!

Bought two 5kg packets of Sweet potatoes yesterday. I think they are brilliant baked, cooked or in moderate amounts washed and sliced and eaten raw. I use them as a replacement to whole wheat bread and brown rice when I get tired and want a different texture. So they go with veggies, eggs and the rest. Also they are easy to store and can be mashed or cooked in chunks. Price is very reasonable too.

Just started taking CLA tablets. Mixed reviews so far but not all that expensive so thought i would give them a try
Casein protein before bed does the job but tastes like SHITE. Anyway im leaning up but started the protein properly as i was losing muscle with it

How to bulk up? Simple answer you ride to the gym in the sweltering heat when already knackered and put your work in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.