How to bulk up?

Dirty Harry said:
quiet_riot said:
chris85mcfc said:
Good lad. It's a great compound lift. I love deadlifting but it can take time to get your technique right. Best thing to do is start off light and just gradually add weight.

Yep. My first deadlift was with a broomstick. Very little weight, but helped to start getting the technique right from the off.

Ah the old broomstick mate lol, remember my mates showing me up to fuck in front of a load of 'Hell's Angels' in a gym once with a broomstick, btw, when I first started out with BAWLA in the 70's, they had specially made plywood discs to get the correct height and balance for the bar, we didn't touch an iron weight over 5 kilos for almost 6 months until our technique was spot-on, superb grounding tbh, I have them to thank for nearly 35 years of injury free lifting so good on you QR.

same way in the free weight room at the gym , thankfully there were good people in there that showed me how to lift with a broomstick ,then an empty bar ,then 5kilo weights every week of upper body , starting with squats and warming down with light weights . They showed me how to gain strength gradually and properly .

Salford_Blue said:
How often do people train?

I have been told one body part a week for results, but I previously trained my chest/triceps and shoulders/biceps twice a week, plus once on legs/back and I was definitely seeing improvements in size and muscle.

You read that many different stories and get that many people's opinions that you become baffled as to what is best.
I train 6 days a week, sunday off. Mon, wed, fri, I do 3 rounds of skipping, then 3 rounds of shadow boxing, then 3-5 rounds on the heavy bag, then 3 rounds on the maize bag, finish with 3 rounds on the speed ball. then 20 min run..Tues I do chest and arms, thurs back and delts, saturday I do legs.Thats been my routine since about 1993 Sometimes I change the body parts around, but thats about it.

garymj said:
Salford_Blue said:

I have been told one body part a week for results, but I previously trained my chest/triceps and shoulders/biceps twice a week, plus once on legs/back and I was definitely seeing improvements in size and muscle.

You read that many different stories and get that many people's opinions that you become baffled as to what is best.
I train 6 days a week, sunday off. Mon, wed, fri, I do 3 rounds of skipping, then 3 rounds of shadow boxing, then 3-5 rounds on the heavy bag, then 3 rounds on the maize bag, finish with 3 rounds on the speed ball. then 20 min run..Tues I do chest and arms, thurs back and delts, saturday I do legs.Thats been my routine since about 1993 Sometimes I change the body parts around, but thats about it.
So you got to work when?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
garymj said:
Salford_Blue said:

So you got to work when?
was self employed now retired.

garymj said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
garymj said:
So you got to work when?
was self employed now retired.
That is hardcore work mate, you must be ripped

BoyBlue_1985 said:
garymj said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
That is hardcore work mate, you must be ripped
I use to own a gym . now I train from home, not got a lot else to do to be honest.
Sounds like you are in to your boxing as well, you ever fight?
Years ago. Stopped boxing and got into body building for about 10 years, entered a few local shows, but it wasn' for me, so went back to boxing... been trying to send you some pics of my home gym but cant seem to do it.

here's something a former kick-boxing national champion has to say about diet that I'm sure will be of interest to those looking to max out on their physique & health:

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=289253" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=289253</a>

(and her story is pretty interesting to boot)

garymj said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
garymj said:
I use to own a gym . now I train from home, not got a lot else to do to be honest.
Sounds like you are in to your boxing as well, you ever fight?
Years ago. Stopped boxing and got into body building for about 10 years, entered a few local shows, but it wasn' for me, so went back to boxing... been trying to send you some pics of my home gym but cant seem to do it.
Really dedicated then. I dont know how to send pics that you upload mate. Maybe check in technical forum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.