How to bulk up?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
garymj said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Sounds like you are in to your boxing as well, you ever fight?
Years ago. Stopped boxing and got into body building for about 10 years, entered a few local shows, but it wasn' for me, so went back to boxing... been trying to send you some pics of my home gym but cant seem to do it.
Really dedicated then. I dont know how to send pics that you upload mate. Maybe check in technical forum.
When my lad comes home later ,I will get him to do it,Its worth seeing its a log cabin 25 ftx12ft, about 10 ft high, I'm quite proud of it.

Glad to see the stuff you guys have posted for bulking purpose,I personally think that it should be a healthy source when it comes to gaining mass that should be done in a proper way.I am glad someone highlighted it i got help from this.

I train day on day off.

Legs
Shoulders
Back
Chest

over that period.

I just vary my training,rest periods,sets and reps depending on my goals and requirements.

FantasyIreland said:
I train day on day off.

Legs
Shoulders
Back
Chest

over that period.

I just vary my training,rest periods,sets and reps depending on my goals and requirements.
That's a good routine, the simplest is always the best.

CTID101 said:
Ok, I have been posting in the fitness thread but I thought I would post in here as well to get some help!

I am 18, 176cm tall and 146.8lb.

Here is my exercise plan;
Monday
flat bench press
Incline bench press
Skull crushers
Close grip bench press
Dumbbell military press
Lateral raise

Tuesday;
Insanity Fit Test
4mile run @13km hour in 18min
500m Rower
10 mile Bike

Wednesday
Deadlift
Bent over one arm row
Lat pull down
Db bicep curl
Hammer curl

Friday
Bulgarian split
Lunges
calf raises
ab workout using Caynax A6w app
I also do various bits of cardio on each day, either bike, rower or treadmill.

I also tracked my diet this week and was hovering around 1700-1800 calories using MyFitnessPal.

Here is a breakdown of everything!
30stt00.png
The breakfast situation is my main problem, two days this week I was just sick of wheatbix so had a sugar fix!
Thought I would bump this :(

FantasyIreland said:
I train day on day off.

Legs
Shoulders
Back
Chest

over that period.

Why no arm exercises? Eg biceps/triceps

Recentley gone from 148lb to 158lb in the last six weeks, and gained some good lean muscle in the process, which I am chuffed with. Little bit of fat too, but thats all par for the course.

Started lifting heavier but with less frequency, which I have found has helped alot.

Would it be best to get go a little over your ideal weight, and then cut down to it, or just gradually build up and try to limit as much fat gain as possible?

For anyone trying to gain weight, whole milk really has been my saviour so far. Pretty cheap, and gets loads of calories and protein in.

itsnevereasy said:
ManuelPellegrini said:
FantasyIreland said:
I train day on day off.

Legs
Shoulders
Back
Chest

over that period.

Why no arm exercises? Eg biceps/triceps

Your arms get a decent work out anyway when doing compound lifts.

Exactly,they require very little direct work,in fact i sometimes think giving them their own session can be counter productive.

Presses and chins(weighted if poss) do a fine job of creating a great pair of arms.

Pretty excited, just put up my new cage and bench at home. Went for this,

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/premium-strength-package.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/pre ... ackage.php</a>

Feels very solid, not missing any parts, didn't have any bolts left over either which is always a good sign. Looking forward to never having to wait for the bench or rack for squats! Will make a nice change from 6:30am gym; the only time of the day outside of working hours you can even think about getting on anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.