How to bulk up?

Well on my last day of the week on the program I posted. My hamstrings feel like they are about to explode and my back and shoulders are begging for forgiveness. In terms of change I didn't expect anything and nothing has happened much apart from some nice looking abs (how did eating more bring my abs out?). Will update in 3 weeks time when I have my diet in correct shape as well

Richard said:
Recentley gone from 148lb to 158lb in the last six weeks, and gained some good lean muscle in the process, which I am chuffed with. Little bit of fat too, but thats all par for the course.

Started lifting heavier but with less frequency, which I have found has helped alot.

Would it be best to get go a little over your ideal weight, and then cut down to it, or just gradually build up and try to limit as much fat gain as possible?

For anyone trying to gain weight, whole milk really has been my saviour so far. Pretty cheap, and gets loads of calories and protein in.

Anyone any recommendations? :)

Richard said:
Richard said:
Recentley gone from 148lb to 158lb in the last six weeks, and gained some good lean muscle in the process, which I am chuffed with. Little bit of fat too, but thats all par for the course.

Started lifting heavier but with less frequency, which I have found has helped alot.

Would it be best to get go a little over your ideal weight, and then cut down to it, or just gradually build up and try to limit as much fat gain as possible?

For anyone trying to gain weight, whole milk really has been my saviour so far. Pretty cheap, and gets loads of calories and protein in.

Anyone any recommendations? :)
If you're really serious about that kind of thing, then go over your target and cut down, you'll never get to your target with your dream body fat just through bulking. But don't take this as a message to go crazy, you need to monitor your body fat regularly with your weight and work out what weight you'd be if you were, say, 10% body fat. It takes time.

I'm no expert on this stuff I just read up a lot on it, I'm only about 13 stone 10 at 6 foot 3, I prefer to be slimmer, it helps with the fact I play semi-pro football.

Also, on the whole milk thing, have a look at the skimmed milk nutritional info next time you're in the shop, I'm pretty sure the protein content isn't that much different per 100ml. Just an idea for when you decide to cut and miss your milk ;)

Went into DW Sports today, and they have a sale on the USN stuff.

Picked up a 2kg tub of Anabolic Muscle Fuel for £25 which I have only heard good things about.

Started "Starting Strength" this week.

Felt so odd doing the three exercises a time, on Tuesday I did;

Workout A
Squat (Bulgarian Split Squats)- 15kg db
Deadlift- 70kg
Bench Press-40kg

10km Bike
Lat pull downs

Today;
Deadlift 2 x 5 75kg
Bulgarian Squat 3 x 5 15kg
Bench Press 3 x 5 45kg

Did a few km on the bike as well.

Finished my first full week of Starting Strength yesterday;

Monday - Workout A
Bulgarian Squat: 3 sets of 5 reps 15kg db
Deadlift: 3 set of 5 reps 80kg + bar 1 set 12.5kg hammer curl, 1 set 10kg db curl
Machine Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps 45kg

Tuesday N/A

Wednesday Workout B
Squat: 3 sets of 5 reps 30kg + bar
Standing Military Press: 3 sets of 5 reps 20kg + bar
Pendlay Rows: 3 sets of 5 reps 30kg + bar

Thursday N/A

Friday- Workout A
Squat 3 x 5 30kg + bar
Machine Bench Press: 3 sets of 5 reps 50kg
Deadlift:3 set of 5 reps 70kg + bar

6km on Bike, various other small exercises like lat pull downs and so on.

I have also been tracking my food that I have been eating, on Sunday I will post in here so you can see a full week and tear it apart and tell me what I should be eating!

BoyBlue_1985 said:
I bench pressed 90kg for 6 reps on Thursday. I only weigh around 70kg so I was well impressed with that. 6 months ago I could only bench 60kg 1 rep max

Jealous. My bench is my weakest lift, I'd still be scared to try 90kg.

Hi fellas,

Filmed my deadlift again today. Anyone mind having a look.

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9fbao1vewlgaq39/UziKqzkRk6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.dropbox.com/sc/9fbao1vewlgaq39/UziKqzkRk6</a>

Sorry for the sound. Kiss 100 in the background!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.