How would you like the season to be decided?

How should the season be decided?

• Total voters
A league title has to be earned, not awarded. The same with champions league qualification places, survival from relegation etc.

The only sensible measure is for the season to be completed as soon as it is safe to do so.

Liverpool are going to win the league but as things stand they haven't and the unpredictable nature of sport is what makes it so interesting. When they win the title they'll deserve it, but to award it to them regardless and then have to introduce ground breaking measures to determine the outcome for every other team makes a farce of the whole thing. I don't think any neutrals would consider Liverpool true champions, particularly if the measures taken by the FA are deemed to be to the detriment of the clubs they support.
Ye but it’s the scousers they’ll stamp their feet and make petitions and play the victim card until they get what they want. And they will get what they want!

Simple solution ..... No relegation from PL, no promotion from Championship. Cancel all games until next season, normal starting date .... pandemic permitting. For those games not played this season, when they're played next season the result/points counts for next season and this one !

Think there will be 'Super Double Dip(er)' weekends when matches count to both seasons.

.... now look, I know this suggestion is absolutely f'in stupid, but I'd like to see if we can get some sad dipper or media dickhead to promote it, just to prove the lengths they'll go to in order to anoint the dippers !

One option is end the League as it stands, however Liverpool are not awarded the Title, they just finish first I'm sure the Lverpool fans would agree. The leaders in the Championship would be promoted as the team that finished first but as the league wasn't finished they would not be awarded the title.

This is likely to be decided by a vote of pl clubs, despite there being actual rules on null and void if a season can't be completed.

If it was a closer race it would be null and void.

I just hope there is a third choice there besides crown them or not... No crown but a special merit badge. They haven't won the league, simple as. Very unlikely they mess it up, but not impossible to say they lose more than seven of their remaining nine, or lose to us and draw a handful. If they hadn't gone to the world club super friendlies then they have won it by now I bet.

As for promotion and relegation, the two choices for me remain null and void, which I think is fairest as nobody is disadvantaged disproportionately, or resume the season at whatever point we can.

However that means squads will have changed, fitness levels and mentalities changed, contract ended and even new mangers in place - ie it wouldn't be the same teams at all.

Last edited:
There’s no community shield so start the season with the 2 teams playing at Wembley who could mathematically win the title and give it to the one who wins.

This is likely to be decided by a vote of pl clubs, despite there being actual rules on null and void if a season can't be completed.

If it was a closer race it would be null and void.

I just hope there is a third choice there besides crown them or not... No crown but a special merit badge. They haven't won the league, simple as. Very unlikely they mess it up, but not impossible to say they lose more than seven of their remaining nine, or lose to us and draw a handful. If they hadn't gone to the world club super friendlies then they have won it by now I bet.

As for promotion and relegation, the two choices for me remain null and void, which I think is fairest as nobody is disadvantaged disproportionately, or resume the season at whatever point we can.

However that means squads will have changed, fitness levels and mentalities changed, contract ended and even new mangers in place - ie it wouldn't be the same teams at all.

Dippers love meaningless badges - such as the World Club Cup .

One option is end the League as it stands, however Liverpool are not awarded the Title, they just finish first I'm sure the Lverpool fans would agree. The leaders in the Championship would be promoted as the team that finished first but as the league wasn't finished they would not be awarded the title.
League leaders shield like in Rugby League at a push

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.