How would you like the season to be decided?

How should the season be decided?

• Total voters
I’d argue football is the one distraction to take our minds off this unprecedented global pandemic.

and how would you distract the people, arrange a City v West Ham in the Corona Cup ? we only have Mendy self isolating they have 5 so it may be a tad uneven, also should it be behind closed doors but televised to the nation ? Come on, football and sport in general is the last thing that should be thought about.

and how would you distract the people, arrange a City v West Ham in the Corona Cup ? we only have Mendy self isolating they have 5 so it may be a tad uneven, also should it be behind closed doors but televised to the nation ? Come on, football and sport in general is the last thing that should be thought about.

Is that why you came on to a football forum today? Life is difficult, testing and complicated. Having beer and the football to look forwards to makes things so much easier. It’s an escapism. Others have music, films, books etc.

Is that why you came on to a football forum today? Life is difficult, testing and complicated. Having beer and the football to look forwards to makes things so much easier. It’s an escapism. Others have music, films, books etc.

Indeed it does... but some things are more important fella!

But let's hypothesise... suppose the games are played... behind closed doors - Every team has to have EVERY member of their playing staff and matchday team checked, if anybody has the virus they have to isolate... but that is then unfair to that team, even if it's just the physio say.
But imagine Liverpool have Salah, Mané, Firminho, Van Dijk and Allison all test positive... and they play the remainder of their games and lose them all, what would they say then... you can bet they'd kick right off.
But more importantly, teams in relegation positions, what if some teams lose key players to isolation, whilst others don't and they then finish out of the bottom three?
There's just no fair way of finishing this season in the time allotted, and you can't just give out the trophy without sorting out CL places and relegation places... which then leads into the Championship promtion places etc. etc.

I think all the European football leagues, IE. La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, Ligue1 and the premiership, are all waiting for each other to make the first move to cancel their entire football league programme then the others will follow suit.

Money talks. The Champions League is big business and sponsors will push for a tournament in 2020/21.

It would only be "fair" to award Liverpool the Premier League title if the season is not completed because of coronavirus, says Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan

It would only be "fair" to award Liverpool the Premier League title if the season is not completed because of coronavirus, says Manchester City midfielder Ilkay Gundogan
Could the leagues freeze restart but everyone starts with what we have. That’s the only fair way. So day 1 of the new season we’d all still be a way of the dippers but have 38 games to hunt them down. Same in all the other leagues. At least the advantages remain in place. That’s the fairest way I can think of....personally I want it voided for selfish reasons!

I've no problem with what Gundogan said, it's his opinion after all, however I do have a problem with a German media outlet asking him the question.

Operation 'give them the trophy' is in full swing.

Just scrap it. Yes it's unfair on some but who gives a fuck anymore?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.