How would you like the season to be decided?

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by MCFC1993, 13 Mar 2020.

?

How should the season be decided?

1. Null & Void - Restart all competitions before next season, if it's not possible then Null & Void.

64.0%
  2. The German Suggestion - No Champion, No Relegation, Top 4 and Promotion allowed, Cups Cancelled.

19.1%
  3. Viva La France - Champions, European Places, Relegation and Promotion decided. Cups Cancelled

3.7%
  4. Restart all competitions when it is safe to do so regardless of time frame. Shorten next season.

7.9%
  5. Playoffs - Playoff for Champion, Europe Places, Relegation and Promotion. Finish the Cups.

2.7%
  6. The Carragher - Liverpool should be Champions La, Cups Cancelled, City Banned, Atletico result wiped

2.6%
  1. CockneyWanchor

CockneyWanchor

Team supported:
    Fulham
    OK. I think I've cracked this. How about doing it as a revival of It's a Knockout?

Players could wear those ridiculous grinning costumes - which would stop them breathing the virus on each other. Those massive inflatable costumes would also mean that social distancing is pretty much automatic. You teams still in Europe could, of course, do the Jeux Sans Frontieres version.

Those games where they carry water back to their own canisters (spilling most of it on the way) could have Dettol in the water.

My thinking is that if the authorities are being ridiculous enough to propose finishing this season, why not do it in a suitably laughable way?

2. Lovebitesandeveryfing

Lovebitesandeveryfing

This way: “Crying in the stands, battered in the streets… Sterling won the league cup, the scousers won fuck all”.

3. Stoned Rose

Stoned Rose

PSG have been handed the title in France.

Bold.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. CockneyWanchor

CockneyWanchor

Team supported:
    Fulham
    I keep seeing the title 'Project Re-Start' all over the place (especially the BBC).

Can't they at least be honest with us and call it 'Project Trough'.

5. CockneyWanchor

CockneyWanchor

Team supported:
    Fulham
    Will forever have a fat asterisk next to their name though, SR.

Stoned Rose likes this.
  6. TonyM

TonyM

I'd crown Liverpool the champions,
    Use average points/game to settle top 4
    No relegation no promotion.

Biggest losers are the clubs not promoted so maybe the top 6 start next season with an extra 3 points as an advantage next time round.

7. DazWA9

DazWA9

FUCK LIVERPOOL!
    Promote the top 2 from the Championship.
    No relegation from the Premier League.
    Next season 4 drop down.

Balances itself out in the end.

AliBobbyJ and CockneyWanchor like this.
  8. CockneyWanchor

CockneyWanchor

Team supported:
    Fulham
    So, *Liverpool are handed the title, but no one else gets promoted, hmm.

9. TonyM

TonyM

There's no cost to giving them the title. There is to promote a team (unless we don't do relegation and just accept a bigger PL for 1 season).

I HATE Liverpool. This year more than ever but they won it imo. There was no catching them. And tbh it was mostly our own fault.

10. CockneyWanchor

CockneyWanchor

Team supported:
    Fulham
    I just think it has to be even-handed, Tony. Leeds & WBA are way ahead in the Rola Cola League....what would they have to say if the dippers are handed a title, yet their season's blood, sweat and tears are voided?

I think a lot of people are being worn down by their relentless PR machine & media stooges into acquiescing to their patently selfish demands. For me, it ain't over til it's mathematically impossible. Look at Leicester's incredible rise from the dead to stay up a few years ago. Next season, we all know what they did.

I keep coming back to one question: if there was no money involved, would another ball be kicked? All the times we hear (in loads of contexts, not just footie) "one death is too many". And if the dippers were mid-table, and forced to play, and one of "theirs" died of COVID (players or fans), they'd be lighting candles and filing law suits til the end of time.