How would you say you are coping mentally?

Fell apart last night, very afraid and very very sad. Took some painkillers and watched a movie. Abysmal night in bed. Restless leg going off, all sorts of horrible symptoms, some flu-like stomach ache. I might be carrying a bug but who knows, it's not unheard of for me to feel pretty dreadful at night anyway.

Restless Legs eh? Try Zinc tablets (dirt cheap from Holland and Barrett)

Sainsbury’s daily is the highlight. I think I’m going to buy burgers or chicken goujons to cook up as a nice treat for dinner. Traditionally I have a takeaway or a pub meal weekly and that’s what I have. Any sense of normality would be welcome. Perhaps ice cream too.

Well, yesterday's plan didn't exactly go to plan re cleaning the glass of my greenhouse. The people that decide things decided it might be an idea to start weeding and preparing the veg patches instead. So, mumbling like fuck, I started to dig and weed. It's one of those jobs, that you wish you had staff to carryout, as you sit and point out bits they missed, with the occasional shout of, put your fucking back into it, you're on £3.50 an hour you lazy ****.

As I would never pay that kind of money, unless her name was Lucy and she looked like a young Honor Blackman RIP, I used the fork to turn and separate the weeds from the soil and immediately wished I was anywhere else, again with the young Honor. Sadly, after closing my eyes and wishing that, I opened them and there I was still in the fucking garden with a lot to do.

Not happy with how hard it was and being incredibly stupid, I noticed worms in the clods and thought, I will remove them and put them into a pit of soil to return later. I rotovate after the wedding and thought, that will kill most of them and the soil needs them. So, the task became more time consuming as I had to go through all the earth to extract them. She who decides things, saw me and asked what the fuck I was doing, she saw the logic, but her face said, you stupid **** you will be there all day.

She's quite good at predictions, so all day later, and still not finished, I stopped, considered collapsing on the grass, as my back felt as if two major league baseball players had been practising hitting the ball as hard as they could on it. It took me about 20 minutes to stand upright.

It was again decided that rather than moaning like fuck, I could set up the garden furniture and fire pit and she would drive to the village to get more wine. She did, and we sat laughing, when I say we, she found it highly amusing that everytime I stood up I had to make a loud, oh ya bastard, noise, to help me stand up.

Wine is really good at reducing the tightness and aches and two bottles later, I felt really good, we had great tunes on, the fire was roaring,as fires do, and we had a great wee night, the moon was big and bold too.

I'm just back in from the garden and I am gutted to report there is at least another day of me moaning like fuck and wishing I was in Chad, running a military Junta with the young Honor at my side.

Being in lockdown, I can't even fuck off to my son's and spend a week on the lash. Or even a few days, as a week on the lash now would certainly finish me off.

Digging and weeding is shit, and if that twat Titmarsh passes by, I'm going to swing for the ****, if I am able.

Last edited:
Thought I was doing alright but today had been a shitter

Really struggling to get motivated working from home even though I’ve got plenty to be getting on with.

Start afresh tomorrow. Will try and get early for a walk and appreciate the morning calm
Working from home is really difficult!

My place of work is usually open from 06:00 to 19:00 and I do anything from an 8-12 hour day within those hours, depending on the time of year.

When I’m busy I can be there from 06:30-18:30 easily. However, I’d rather do that than take the work home with me because I have this thing where, usually, as soon as a step foot out of work, that’s my time and nobody can take that away from me. I go to work to work and I leave work to live my life.

So having to work from home because the place of work is closed is psychologically very hard to do. Even when I set myself up with the laptop and note book, phone next to me to call people I need to, I still just sit there listening to the radio or on Bluemoon.

So I’ve been trying to do it as soon as I wake up. Get set up before I’ve even made breakfast, have some breakfast and get straight to it and do two hours a day. That’s the only way I’ve been able to concentrate on work for more than twenty minutes at a time.

It’s not like I’ve got an attention span problem because when I’m in my place of work I can do 9 hour days without a single break (once it hits double figures I really need a break!).

Sainsbury’s daily is the highlight. I think I’m going to buy burgers or chicken goujons to cook up as a nice treat for dinner. Traditionally I have a takeaway or a pub meal weekly and that’s what I have. Any sense of normality would be welcome. Perhaps ice cream too.
Ooh ice cream!

What’s your flavour of choice? I sometimes like a rich chocolate, or just a good quality vanilla... but raspberry ripple is well underrated!

What about onion rings? Bit of BBQ sauce....
There’s this sauce knocking about at the moment and it’s a chipotle sauce in a glass bottle (I forget the brand), bloody hell its ideal for burgers!

I fry some oil and English mustard until it’s mixed well, chop half a chilli, very finely slice half an onion and then fry my burgers in that so it’s got flavour running right through the burgers.

Fry some bacon and get some decent cheese to put on top and then lay all that on the bottom bun of a BARMCAKES that have the other half of the onion and some lettuce on... slice the other half of the chilli and then dollop this chipotle sauce on and out the top of the BARMCAKES on...

Wash down with a nice cider or non-alcoholic fizzy apple juice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.