How would you say you are coping mentally?

I’ve ignored all so called expert advice in terms of sticking to a routine, being active, exercising etc. I have zero structure to the day and I’ve managed it so far with almost zero impact on me mentally, I must say I am somebody known to be fond of staying in anyway so it’s not an entirely unfamiliar world.

My main issue is I’ve always been a night owl, my natural sleeping pattern with no need for alarms and no exhaustive days to tire me out means I’m currently up until stupid hours daily, if this carries on it won’t be long before I completely flip and I’m sleeping during the day and up all night.

This makes for interesting reading and having suffered from bouts of anxiety, depression over the last 10years relatable.

Some people might think that they’ll have more time to ponder and worry, and become more depressed.

But self isolation done well can lead to people having more time to think things through properly; to work things out with greater time spent on rhyme and reason, rather than feelings.

Relaxation in the place you feel most comfortable (home) will be beneficial. Enzymes and hormones that are usually released during busy and stressful lives we all have, won’t be washing around us.

And because we have more time on our hands: exercising, eating healthily and sleeping well (the big three) can be achieved more easily.

I’ve ignored all so called expert advice in terms of sticking to a routine, being active, exercising etc. I have zero structure to the day and I’ve managed it so far with almost zero impact on me mentally, I must say I am somebody known to be fond of staying in anyway so it’s not an entirely unfamiliar world.

My main issue is I’ve always been a night owl, my natural sleeping pattern with no need for alarms and no exhaustive days to tire me out means I’m currently up until stupid hours daily, if this carries on it won’t be long before I completely flip and I’m sleeping during the day and up all night.
Don’t worry about sleeping less because you’re doing less you won’t need as long... it’s about sleeping well. You can be in bed for five hours and get a better sleep than if you were in bed for nine hours and thinking you were asleep.

A good sleep from 02:00-08:00 could be all we need.

Feeling better today - busy at work (from home) - was gutted last night re Boris (and very wound up at some of the lack of respect shown to him by certain individuals) but perked up with news he seems stable and has tweeted. Sad re peps mum but positive news that 403 deaths if that can be a positive shows it may be on the way down.

I know a girl from a long time back who put a meme on Instagram basically saying if you can’t take advantage of this ‘rest’ to sort your life out and you are unhappy then there is something wrong you. She bangs on about ‘quarantine’ but she’s out more now that she ever was, I simply told her ‘it’s not that simple’ and got a message saying ‘go away’

she hasn’t got the intelligence to realise that despite the fact she’s relatively fit, wealthy and has space, some people don’t have that, have mental health issues, are dealing with kids and jobs under more stressful circumstances than ever, live with abusive parents or partners, or are really ill. I want to tell her all this but she is a narcissist and they can’t take any view or criticism on board.

She is part of what we see on weekends, peope sunbathing, cramming parks, all because they’re selfish and don’t think of anyone or anything else. Pretty sad how some of the younger generation are. The fact that it made me angry instead of just thinking what a tool probably illustrates I’m more sensitive now!

I’m terrible today. Restless, bad tempered and lots of negative thoughts. I’ve started my online anxiety course through my talking therapists too.

The first week I approached a mild depression.
No work, or income, no City , no golf, no wine.

I have pulled myself together, 7/10 mile walk, everyday, weights, yoga, got a golf net ,so can practice.

Planning a new little business venture/hobby.

Talking more to mates, even rags, and a strict daily structure.

Some people might think that they’ll have more time to ponder and worry, and become more depressed.

But self isolation done well can lead to people having more time to think things through properly; to work things out with greater time spent on rhyme and reason, rather than feelings.

Relaxation in the place you feel most comfortable (home) will be beneficial. Enzymes and hormones that are usually released during busy and stressful lives we all have, won’t be washing around us.

And because we have more time on our hands: exercising, eating healthily and sleeping well (the big three) can be achieved more easily.
I've just spent the last 20 minutes planning tomorrow's walk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.