How would you say you are coping mentally?

I had one crisis few days ago, but overall very good. I'm half quarantined without covid anyway. Wife and kids are pressuring me to go to viillage on weekend, but the government might give me a hand here as they are thinking of movement limiting from tomorrow.

I saw that and I'm with you re the austerity. I'd love to get a grip but I'm currently struggling for things to grip onto. Fingers crossed there's some positives soon.
thanks for that.seriously mate,my life and my wifes and our young son as been thrown into utter turmoil the last month.we are worried sick over getting it through work then passing it on to our son
there's nowt we can do but try and get through it the same as you !
iv followed you for a good few years via twittr and youtube
you're a sound lad,clever ,humble ,witty,honest
dont lose your values and decency and hope through all of this
good luck

Everyone will have down days from time to time. Why wouldn’t you? What’s happening has shook our worlds to the core.
We will always have differing circumstances and some will be a lot luckier than others with theirs.
Just try not to dwell on the bad days , turn yourself off from the news and read a book, watch a film, cook yourself a nice meal from scratch, basically anything that lets your mind concentrate on something else for a while.
Just don’t beat yourself up about being down, it’ll happen to the best of us at some point.

thanks for that.seriously mate,my life and my wifes and our young son as been thrown into utter turmoil the last month.we are worried sick over getting it through work then passing it on to our son
there's nowt we can do but try and get through it the same as you !
iv followed you for a good few years via twittr and youtube
you're a sound lad,clever ,humble ,witty,honest
dont lose your values and decency and hope through all of this
good luck

first thing that's made me smile today that, thank you mate. best of wishes to you and your family!

Badly. Slowly sinking in that things probably wont ever be 'normal' again. Whatever normal is. Kinda accepted I'm gonna lose someone in my family from it before any vaccine is available, and that scares me. Struggling with not seeing my family. Struggling as my career and aspirations have been stopped. Struggling because I doubt my wedding in September will go ahead. Accepted the money I had saved extensively for years for a house will probably now have to be spent due to the substantial loss or earnings. Also losing more faith with the general public. There are a lot of good people but ive never been more convinced that we're surrounded by genuinely selfish, idiotic people. Feel like I'm developing mild agoraphobia too. Every day there is a new report that suggests something like '2 metres isn't enough, joggers are a risk as they spread it everywhere and the virus can last multiple days on any surface'. I just can't see any positives at all currently. There's something quite depressing about having to accept everything is shit and it's out of our control.

Head is in a fucking dark place today.

Mate get out for a bit off excises and fresh air,mask up gloves on sunglasses on
Am sure there some quite spots you can walk around,& clear your head.

Mate get out for a bit off excises and fresh air,mask up gloves on sunglasses on
Am sure there some quite spots you can walk around,& clear your head.

Honestly keep trying and it makes me more anxious that before I headed out! Ha. Just joggers absolutely *everywhere* (understandably given everyone lives in flats around here) and people are absolutely naff at keeping their distance, so the whole walk is me crossing roads constantly to not be near people and that just bugs the hell out of me. I live just behind Oxford Road station, so literally bang in the middle of town. Wish I lived near a coast or out in the sticks or something right now! heh. You're right though of course... maybe I need to find a time to go out when there's no one around. Really early or something.

Honestly keep trying and it makes me more anxious that before I headed out! Ha. Just joggers absolutely *everywhere* (understandably given everyone lives in flats around here) and people are absolutely naff at keeping their distance, so the whole walk is me crossing roads constantly to not be near people and that just bugs the hell out of me. I live just behind Oxford Road station, so literally bang in the middle of town. Wish I lived near a coast or out in the sticks or something right now! heh. You're right though of course... maybe I need to find a time to go out when there's no one around. Really early or something.
We go out for a walk before 8 every morning as it’s so much quieter then spend the rest of the day leaving them outside bumping into one another.

We go out for a walk before 8 every morning as it’s so much quieter then spend the rest of the day leaving them outside bumping into one another.

I think im going to try this. Went for a walk down the canal the other day, that goes down through castlefield, and I abandoned it as soon as I could. Everyone had the same idea and it was basically a queue of people! Reckon early on itll be fine though.

I think im going to try this. Went for a walk down the canal the other day, that goes down through castlefield, and I abandoned it as soon as I could. Everyone had the same idea and it was basically a queue of people! Reckon early on itll be fine though.
Early on, and we do exactly the same as you, cross the road when we see someone on our side, keeps you alert and adds distance to the walk, don’t see it as a negative

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.