How would you say you are coping mentally?

Carry on Films currently on ITV3 I forgot how funny they were, never get away with it these days, will be watching them all day.

Khasi of Khalabar: "May the benevolence of the god, Shebo, bring blessings on your house."
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: "And on yours."
Khasi of Khalabar: "And may his wisdom bring success in all your undertakings."
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: "And in yours."
Khasi of Khalabar: "And may his radiance light up your life"
Sir Sidney Ruff-Diamond: "And up yours."

All the dickheads on scramblers are out fucking getting in peoples way trying to walk peacefully and sensibly down the lane

I think im going to try this. Went for a walk down the canal the other day, that goes down through castlefield, and I abandoned it as soon as I could. Everyone had the same idea and it was basically a queue of people! Reckon early on itll be fine though.
It gets light at 6, head out at 5:30, try to find somewhere high up and watch the sunrise.

I'd been doing better but just yesterday, a next door but one neighbour of my parents died with the virus in hospital. 75 years of age. I only last saw the bloke when I was home visiting last month. The events of the last month are staggering.

Genuinely don't know where that would be tbh mate. I live in town with no access to a car.
Steven fella,i dont drive and im 55
where i work its impossible to social distance we have no choice,
either take the piss and go off ( 14 self isolation full pay ) , every nhs worker as this option,but most dont through pride
me and my wife have had to sleep apart.her downstairs me upstairs for the last 4 weeks,to protect ourselves and our nipper
get out and walk,jog indoors,burn some energy away

Last edited:
Honestly keep trying and it makes me more anxious that before I headed out! Ha. Just joggers absolutely *everywhere* (understandably given everyone lives in flats around here) and people are absolutely naff at keeping their distance, so the whole walk is me crossing roads constantly to not be near people and that just bugs the hell out of me. I live just behind Oxford Road station, so literally bang in the middle of town. Wish I lived near a coast or out in the sticks or something right now! heh. You're right though of course... maybe I need to find a time to go out when there's no one around. Really early or something.
Maybe have a mooch round the canals...

Badly. Slowly sinking in that things probably wont ever be 'normal' again. Whatever normal is. Kinda accepted I'm gonna lose someone in my family from it before any vaccine is available, and that scares me. Struggling with not seeing my family. Struggling as my career and aspirations have been stopped. Struggling because I doubt my wedding in September will go ahead. Accepted the money I had saved extensively for years for a house will probably now have to be spent due to the substantial loss or earnings. Also losing more faith with the general public. There are a lot of good people but ive never been more convinced that we're surrounded by genuinely selfish, idiotic people. Feel like I'm developing mild agoraphobia too. Every day there is a new report that suggests something like '2 metres isn't enough, joggers are a risk as they spread it everywhere and the virus can last multiple days on any surface'. I just can't see any positives at all currently. There's something quite depressing about having to accept everything is shit and it's out of our control.

Head is in a fucking dark place today.
I have said this before but the best advice i have been given to cope with my anxiety is to not look foward at things i have no control over,it takes so much mental energy to do that,the best thing to do is to only be concerned with things that you can contol in the here and now,focus on what you can do now,can you volunteer and take food and medications to the vulnerable,if not can you volunteer to be one of the telephone helpers,talking to other people who have nobody and helping them can help you as well
It is a bad time for those of us who have mental heath problems already,it is not going to get any easier but look ahead too much as nobody knows what the landscape will be later on

Genuinely don't know where that would be tbh mate. I live in town with no access to a car.
https://www.discoveringbritain.org/activities/north-west-england/walks/manchester-victorian.html

https://www.visitmanchester.com/things-to-see-and-do/activities/walking

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/travel/2015/feb/02/great-city-walks-manchester

Have an early night and try something different tomorrow, crack of dawn, while the rest of the population is still snoozing.

Most importantly try to keep your chin up and stay safe mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.