How would you say you are coping mentally?

It's good to see folk cool with the birdies. Up here in north Cumbria the summer migrants are starting to pour in. Chiffchaffs were already here but when I went out to get some exercise I walked to a little wild area and it was a cacophony of them, willow warblers and blackcaps. Paused for 10 minutes just to listen and forget about woes of the world. And whilst in pause, a treecreeper flew onto a tree right in front of me. Magical few minutes.

Came home to do some gardening and overhead was the first swallow of summer. Got blueys looking at the nest box but they don't look convinced...

Evening and no less than three hedgehogs rocked up. To finish, a tawny owl perched in trees over the back. Really lucky to live where I do...

Fantastic, I am awaiting the return of the Swift's who nest in the barn, I love them and as for hedgehogs, I haven't seen one since I was a lad. Would love a couple of those to take up residency in the garden..

It’s just boredom for me now. I only watched Mrs Brown last night because the stunningly beautiful Maya Jama was on there. Her mum was fit too.

Still having bad days. I am right worry over things I cant control ? My lad is going abit quite now 3rd day off and apart from watching , 'in for a penny and Britain got talent he spends his day in his room. It's not easy for him as his gf works in the local hospital in intensive care, where they lost a nurse to this horrible virus last week. They havent seen each other for nearly a month now. I know it plays on his mind as it does mind that she is doing a very dangerous job. I do my best to cheer him up and he seems ok but is better when he is back at work as am I because I guess it keeps our minds busy. I do worry about her and all our frontline works ....stay safe ...

Don't you dare be embarassed or ashamed !! Feeling like a tit i will give you

This is such a strange situation unless you are a natural hermit like me,everyone is suddenly out of control,it has to be so much easier if you are in lockdown with your loved ones but even then..

There is no such thing as a right or wrong way to deal with it,everyone just has go with it,as with everything it will pass eventually

Think I replied on here a couple of times earlier on. Hit me v hard (as I'd also, with impeccable timing, just left the family home for a small flat) but take the advice of not thinking too far ahead. I compartmentalise my days making sure I finish with a decent box set at the end of the evening.
I also make sure I run (and that's usually in the evening when it's very quiet). The move hit me really hard, then this happened...but I''ve just started speaking to lots of people constantly on WhatsApp (reconnected with people from my past). This has massively helped and provided a bit of evidence we're all in this together. I've noticed if I do go out (walk or run) and 'bump' into people everyone cannot stop talking. I walked my daughter's dog on this huge playing field Saturday morning and saw fellow dog walkers (now firm friends)...we stood at least 5 metres apart but there was this sense of hoping this didn't end as we had so much to say (but also conscious we'd be filming by ITN drones...).

I'd lost my sense of humour too...and that's always been a vital took for humanity. Letting go of worrying thoughts, having little compartmentalised routines throughout the day (with those treats just like a dog...in fact I've rediscovered chocolate....no guilt whatsoever), talking more and finding the humour in a lot of things is helping.
My sleep is virtually none existent but I'm more optimistic now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.