How would you say you are coping mentally?

Love this time of year.
I await the sand Martines and swifts and marvel at their speed and agility. The swift is far more elegant of the two, but I haven't seen them yet.
Be good if we got swallows to join their similar looking cousins - these are viewed over the river mersey btw - not sure if Swallows fly around rivers?
Swifts are incredible aeronautical acrobats.

Fantastic, I am awaiting the return of the Swift's who nest in the barn, I love them and as for hedgehogs, I haven't seen one since I was a lad. Would love a couple of those to take up residency in the garden..

A bonus today on my walk. A flash of green, which made me think woodpecker, then a flock of parakeets. There are several colonies in this south eastern corner. Luckily I had my camera and here’s the one pic that’s worth sharing.
I used to live on the Merseybank and they were quite a common site there because of being situated right between Chorlton Water Park and Southern Cemetery where they’d nest and catch food.

Not seen any since I moved to Alty.

Tell you what, on days that I don’t have the News on for hours a day and sit on my phone reading all sorts about the virus; I seem to cope miles better!

Love this time of year.
I await the sand Martines and swifts and marvel at their speed and agility. The swift is far more elegant of the two, but I haven't seen them yet.
Be good if we got swallows to join their similar looking cousins - these are viewed over the river mersey btw - not sure if Swallows fly around rivers?
Swifts are incredible aeronautical acrobats.
A few weeks yet maybe for swifts, could see a few arriving end of the month. You will definitely see swallows over rivers as they catch insects. They've been arriving where I am in Cumbria last couple of days. Not seen any martins yet though...

Tell you what, on days that I don’t have the News on for hours a day and sit on my phone reading all sorts about the virus; I seem to cope miles better!

That is so very true and not just with regards the Coronavirus. Its really easy to negatively affect yourself by the things you read, whether its anxiety about crime or even, on here, the anger about content in the media.

It is good to be informed but also to detach yourself from things, you have little control over, as it can leave you feeling helpless.

Last edited:
Really good the last few days, stopped watching the news constantly has helped, going out for a longish cycle ride and remaining positive about family and friends.Having a chat with people i don't know each day helps albeit from a distance, but it's always good to be nice and friendly.

Stay safe blues:)

A few weeks yet maybe for swifts, could see a few arriving end of the month. You will definitely see swallows over rivers as they catch insects. They've been arriving where I am in Cumbria last couple of days. Not seen any martins yet though...

ahh. Time’s almost fallen into a black hole and this weather has made it fell like summer so I shall wait a while longer for the swifts.
Unfortunately I’ve never seen the swallows on this river location. The sand Martins fly more bats..,fluttery with less grace than the swifts.

Week 3 of 12. Not left the house at all. Coping easily to be honest. Helps that I’m working full time at home and that the weather has been great and I have a big back garden that is keeping me busy. Getting home deliveries is the only pain in the arse but getting by so far. The missus and the kids aren’t even bugging me yet. Although thank god for xboxes and ipads !!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.