How would you say you are coping mentally?

Probably need to stay away from related news a bit, was just reading something about the resilience of the virus and how it could take years to fix all of this with a vaccine. Sent me on a really weird train of thought. I know it might not necessarily be true, mind you.
Yeah it's easy for thoughts to drift ahead,try not to jump foward to much as we really don't know as this is all new,are you going out or isolating?

Probably need to stay away from related news a bit, was just reading something about the resilience of the virus and how it could take years to fix all of this with a vaccine. Sent me on a really weird train of thought. I know it might not necessarily be true, mind you.

Nobody has a fucking scooby do mate what’s going to happen in the long run.

Best to keep your chin up and enjoy what you can from this more basic lifestyle.

Yeah it's easy for thoughts to drift ahead,try not to jump foward to much as we really don't know as this is all new,are you going out or isolating?

Thanks for the tip, this is the first time i've really been caught off guard by it all. I haven't had to self isolate with symptoms but I live quite remotely anyway. One trip a week to the supermarket is my lot. We aren't supposed to go more than 2km from our home without good reason in Ireland. I visited my family last month in Manchester and since I came back i've not been more than 5 miles from my house.

Nobody has a fucking scooby do mate what’s going to happen in the long run.

Best to keep your chin up and enjoy what you can from this more basic lifestyle.

Cheers for this too mate. Most of the time I have done fine, i'm in a better position so far than many who have been less fortunate but it really does my head in to not know when I can see my mum and dad again.

If was a bad day yesterday, my lad came home from work upset and close to tears. He had spent the whole day serving customers car cleaning products, any thing but essential stuff for 9 hrs. He was annoyed at the amount of people coming out for non essential goods and that by halfords being open was encouraging this. He thinks halfords should be only selling essential products, like bulbs, inner tubes etc. His gf works in intense care and one of their colleagues died last week from the virus. He hasnt seen her for over 5 weeks now thanks to self isolation and not living in the same house. His gf is like lots of front line staff putting their lives on the line , and he is so angry that he has to serve car polish to these twats , he wants to shout at them 'go the f**k home you are putting people at risk just to buy car cleaning products just f**k off' .
In all the time they have been open he says they have only served about 4 NHS workers the rest are just people buying car cleaning, jet washers and new bikes. He (as we are ) are worried about his gf.
I tried my best to calm him down and to try to put those thoughts to the back of his mind, but it's not easy. He really miss's seeing her and he believes these twats will only make the lock down last longer, as he and her do the right thing.
At the moment both for him and me are only escape from the house so work , but he really is having a hard time. Me I have good and bad but for me at the moment my work is collecting and delivering food to food banks so is worthwhile which makes it easier, I guess doing work which isnt in his or me eyes essential is hard to do especially with the work his gf does. But it effects us all in the house as we might not feel great but try our best to keep him positive

Last edited:
I had to pick up essentials today and there were huge queues outside Nat West and Barclays. What can be done in a branch that can’t be done by phone? People should only be out for vital things they need. I don’t recall when I last went to the bank. I’m surprised the branches are even open en masse.

Not so bad actually.

I'm just off the back of a fairly major depressive episode that lasted about 6 months last year and started easing off in Jan/Feb time so I was a bit concerned but all in all, specifically regarding the solitude I'm OK. Keeping myself busy - games, music, tv, film, reading, writing - plus I prefer my own company and generally don't like being around groups of people so that definitely helps.

Work is a different matter. I'm a sales manager for a software company and sales are in the shitter atm so work is a ballache, but we can only do what we can do so I'm trying not to be overly concerned.

Absolutely nothing has changed in my life except not going to work, so yeah I'm all good!! I'm drawing for about 6 hours a day then watching films for the rest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.