How would you say you are coping mentally?

I’ve been terrible all year. After trips away to try and boost morale, I stopped going in to work in March citing stress. I ended up in with the doctors and was diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I’ve been on Citalopram anti-depressants ever since and haven’t worked either.

Everything has been getting on top of me. I’m never happy, for one. There’s nothing to do round where I live. West Ham leaving Upton Park decimated the pubs and those that survived became foodie. Nowhere showed football. We also had a court case over a party wall to contend with (we won but it was very stressful.) Add on a boring job that was too telephone heavy and I was done.

My depression and anxiety is mild but I’m not trusting myself to do anything aside from essential things until I’m better again. I thankfully get furloughed from 1st May and hope to time leaving my job from when we sell our London place. We make a profit and I move on. I’m overdue some luck.

Citalopram can take a while to properly kick in so if only been taking for a short while stick with em. They do take the edge off given time.

went to B AND M this morning in the faint hope they had the decking stain i wanted,they didn't but they had a colour close so I got 2 x 2.5L tins,chuffed to bits(needed something to do) me and my daughter just finished the decking, we ended up using both tins,(supposed to be enough for two coats) and we were short by about 2 inches,pissed off,i looked at my daughter (for someone to blame :) )and her face was a picture about the work we had done and the end result ,she said"dont worry job is nearly job ,its a saying ive picked up from work(job is job),well that cheered me up.

so mentally im very happy,however tomorrow is another day,and im really missing my job and a little worried that all this bullshit could mean me losing my job
update, got another tin of decking stain and finished the decking and rail,even managed to do the shep in it as well,happy fucking days

Not great tonite,why would someone accuse you of being a vile person who would hurt other people in real life,especially someone you know has had a bad time recently

Just when i get straight and emotions in check,down i go again ,i feel like i am spending every minute trying to get out of a dark hole with something holding my legs and pulling me back in

Crying all night is becoming a habit i really don't want

Not great tonite,why would someone accuse you of being a vile person who would hurt other people in real life,especially someone you know has had a bad time recently

Just when i get straight and emotions in check,down i go again ,i feel like i am spending every minute trying to get out of a dark hole with something holding my legs and pulling me back in

Crying all night is becoming a habit i really don't want

Karen give yourself a break , dont watch the news , dont go on the virus thread on here. Yes I know you might think you are buring your head in the sand. So what we cant stop people being knobs, we can only control what we do. Do the right things karen. Spend a few days watching tv put some comedy or quizzes on the tele just concentrate on yourself.
My lad is having a bad spell hasnt been with his gf for over 5 weeks now , she works in intensive care and he is scared for her. He spends his working day selling car shampoo, polish etc. He hates the fact these people are doing unnecessary trips putting him at risk. I am telling him the same I am telling you we cant stop these knobheads. All we can do is make sure we stay safe he wears his mask and gloves. Me and him are getting our mountain bikes out Saturday and going around the farm land and marshes behind our home.

I know if I spend to much time on the virus thread I feel myself slipping down again so I avoid it most of the time , I dont overly watch tv about the virus twice a week max I watch the news, I cant deal with it on a daily basis .

Take a break karen do or watch something different, I know it's not easy but try.

Remember you have lots of friends on here , stay safe and take care.

I am struggling abit today and I am just sat in a van going to pick up food but dont feel great. To make matters worse I lost my favourite City hat which I have had for 18 years !!

Last edited:
Overall still doing well and getting used to the lockdown - the thought of a packed 7:30am train to London that I’ve been regularly doing for the last 18 years seems so long ago.
I’m enjoying working from home.

mentally I’m worried for my mum and Nan who are both by themselves and frightened, and the reality of the situation when I see the News.

Mr kB is trying to ring for an over due car service no answer so he’s going down in person to see if it’s open. No amount of me saying I will be just fine by myself is changing his mind.

So I’m sorting through my inbox and came across our grandkids done up in there City kits all smiles and hopeful for the rest of the season. No matter what happens we need our football fix in our family I’m optimistic we’ll play next season. Here’s hoping?

Mr kB just got back from the retail park the place was all locked down, he noticed it was queuing all round the car park, I think it was one in and one out. :) how bad is it going to get.

Last edited:
I'm generally enjoying not having a crushing work load as I've been bitching and moaning for the last 5 years as it's been incessant so personally quite happy to not have to do anything work wise for a year or two as I need a long break.

The problem I have is that I am always looking around the corner and I know when the kids are allowed back at school it's going to cause me a major dilemma with my mum's situation as we still see each other now and that will have to stop and she can't fend for herself which is my main stress point at the moment.

If this carries on I might actually get to 2000 posts, I'm amazed at how many posts some people have! I definitely took a wrong career path.

Will continue to remain optimistic on the anti viral front and continue to hope for better days ahead for all.

Just back from doing deliveries of shopping and scripts for the vulnerable. As well as the obvious benefits to the recipients it helps me as well.
I have something to do, get to drive the wife around, stopping her becoming depressed and i get a bit of pride as well.
For those that are able i would highly recommend volunteering with your local council.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.