How would you say you are coping mentally?

I've been working from home for six weeks. This is the longest time in my 25 year professional career that I have not been on a plane. We shut down early here in San Francisco and in my county hospitals have bed and ICU capacity. We've been very careful as my wife has asthma. I have been in my car a grand total of five times in six weeks -- four times for grocery store trips, one to the pharmacy. My teenage kids are in online school. My wife is knitting masks for charity. We are watching a lot of movies as a family and doing chores together on weekends. We are near hiking trails and have a decent-sized yard so can get outside (we cannot drive to any hiking trail -- they are all shut unless you can walk or bike to them).

I am a 7 or 8 most days, and a 2 or 3 on others -- any day where I pay attention to our fucking **** of a President. Last night for the first time we had neighbors in our driveway for a drink (keeping six feet away and we each brought our own drinks and food). 3 bottles of wine for two couples for two hours. It was magical. Just that little bit of socializing was hugely energizing.

We're getting by fine really. Due to the wifes medical issues it's hardly affected her except for missing out on long drives on nice days. I am having some serious anger issues in the Asda mind, just how effing hard is it to follow the bloody arrows. I had mummy with her teenage daughter walking besides the trolley taking up the maximum room yesterday. Neither seemed aware of why I went off at them.

Wildly all over the place

Crying every day still,i am not a crier usually,this is so annoying and giving me a headache

Argueing (sorry)

Thinking i was immune now i have been going out to get perscriptions and stuff for my neighbours,now the WHO says there is no evidence of immunity i am scared of getting it again

This virus is one long head fuck

Wildly all over the place

Crying every day still,i am not a crier usually,this is so annoying and giving me a headache

Argueing (sorry)

Thinking i was immune now i have been going out to get perscriptions and stuff for my neighbours,now the WHO says there is no evidence of immunity i am scared of getting it again

This virus is one long head fuck
chin up Kaz.......it's a pile of steaming shyte this virus

Feel a bit down today, had a message from work saying start up is planned for 11th of May. I was hoping to be off till june

Good grief do not take this sitting down, fight this injustice all the way. Make sure your workplace is actually safe to return back to and that they observe strict separation protocols. Your doing your best just to get yourself through this dreadful ordeal and then out of the blue they have the audacity and insensitivity to summon you on back. As well as having a legal duty of care under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 to ensure the safety of employees in the workplace, your business also has a duty to ensure that the way work does not have a negative impact on the safety and health of others. I would advise that you utilize goverment safety warnings as an absolute minimum indicator for your prospective return as they are a little unsure themselves at the moment. As an illness that could make employees or others that your business interacts with sick it's a real risk that needs consideration in terms of how it can be eliminated or controlled within the workplace. Health and safety risks require much assessment (under Regulation 3 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999) and need to be recorded if the business has more than five employees. Stay safe our kid and fingers crossed for June.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.