How would you say you are coping mentally?

Been doing ok but then woke up this morning feeling proper fed up and depressed not even sure why, today is no different to any other day so far.

My attitude up to now has just been to enjoy the freedom of not having to work and be grateful me and my wife are still well. But I've been struggling to sleep which is unlike me, which means I'm more tired during the day so dont feel like doing anything, like exercise etc.

We've decided to go for a long walk this afternoon though, it may not be much but I feel as though a change of scenery and seeing a bit of the outside world can only do you good at a time like this.

I'm missing gigs and obviously football.
Plenty of books to read things to watch but you need more.

I'll be a lot better when the football returns, if it does.

I don't drink alcohol because the hangovers became hellish.

I might end up phoning the Samaritans although I am not in a desperate state

Good to be honest. Every day for the last week has felt pretty close to 'normal'. Not perfect of course, but I feel like myself a bit at least. Not sure why, or what's changed, but I do. Quite reassuring.

Peaks and troughs for me. Early days rough, mid term got used to the new normal....now...driving me mad a little. Essential I do some kind of exercise otherwise my mood drops significantly.
No fan of the Trafford Centre but I miss that hum of people. There's an audible quality of lots of people in large spaces that I miss. All this social stuff is mashed into the fabric of our DNA so it's no wonder many of us are finding it difficult.

Been doing ok but then woke up this morning feeling proper fed up and depressed not even sure why, today is no different to any other day so far.

My attitude up to now has just been to enjoy the freedom of not having to work and be grateful me and my wife are still well. But I've been struggling to sleep which is unlike me, which means I'm more tired during the day so dont feel like doing anything, like exercise etc.

We've decided to go for a long walk this afternoon though, it may not be much but I feel as though a change of scenery and seeing a bit of the outside world can only do you good at a time like this.

Had plenty of that too mate. Been lucky this week, but both me and my fiance have had days where we wake up in crap, low moods and can't shake it all day. The sleep stuff I reckon is a headspace thing, with overthinking being pretty rife. Could also be that you're just not fatigued due to a lack of activity. Force yourself into doing some exercise mate. Despite always looking at yoga as a bit hippyish, i've really gotten into it during all this. Makes me feel great. Really, really feel better after every session. This channel is great. She seems a lovely lady and its all really approachable. Loads of different types of sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

ps - spot on with the walk. Every time I do it (after putting it off) i do feel better. hope it helped mate

Last edited:

Hope the long walk did you some good. Just a walk round the block is better than nothing, but if you can get a good hour or so then so much the better. I have always walked loads and I’m a right moody **** if I don’t get out. Just the ability to change your scenery, appreciate a bit of greenery if you are lucky enough or just be able to nose into other peoples lives is great to lift the mood. Keep your chin up mate

I’ve been in work today and it’s so much easier to work in work than at home.

Even though it’s still just me sat at a desk in front of a computer both at home and in work, the difference in mentality is huge.

I just get on with things at work, whereas at home I’ve even toothbrush cleaned the grout in the kitchen tiles which weren’t even dirty to give me something to do other than work.

I have started to sand and fix up a garden table that has been weathered to fuck. Actual carpentry term. It's looking good already and with the effort we have made in the garden, it's looking great too. I haven't been a walk in a few days, but just looking at the scenery where we live lifts the spirits. So much in fact, that I'm drinking plenty spirits too. Not too much, as three day hangovers are rather unpleasant.

I too have been dismayed at the number of people who are going out in numbers and feel a second wave is a cert. I tend to believe the science and when they say opening up without a sound test and trace programme, we are basically fucking ourselves up, I ignore politicians.

I was raging when they announced the schools in England were opening, but Eton and all the rest of the toffs schools aren't until September. That tells you all you need to know about the Gov. Not many little Sebastian's and Hugo's going back from Tory MP households. Up here it's the 11th of August and if I were in England and my son's where still at school I would tell the gov to go fuck itself. Our kids should go back when the toffs do.

Low this evening. My mum works in one of the busiest shops in the Trafford centre. She's 60 next year, my dad is not far off high risk too. Can't help but shake this feeling that she's going to catch it and bring it home. Dreading June 15th.

I know others are working too and my case isn't unique or anything. Still, can't help but feel naff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.