How would you say you are coping mentally?

Low this evening. My mum works in one of the busiest shops in the Trafford centre. She's 60 next year, my dad is not far off high risk too. Can't help but shake this feeling that she's going to catch it and bring it home. Dreading June 15th.

I know others are working too and my case isn't unique or anything. Still, can't help but feel naff.
Do she have a proper mask ?

I’ve been in work today and it’s so much easier to work in work than at home.

Even though it’s still just me sat at a desk in front of a computer both at home and in work, the difference in mentality is huge.

I just get on with things at work, whereas at home I’ve even toothbrush cleaned the grout in the kitchen tiles which weren’t even dirty to give me something to do other than work.
I've been working from home since early March, I love it.

I work shifts, often 12 hours, and work is about an hour away, so that's 2 hours per shift that I don't lose in my life every shift.

I've had no problem working from home at all, I've just done 4 straight shifts in a row, with all work completed ahead of normal time. The spare time on shift I can use to do things at home, that I wouldn't do if I was doing the shifts at work. I can make a meal, water and tend the plants on the balcony, sit in the sun for a bit, clean stuff when the weather is shit. I've even worked outside on the balcony quite a bit so the sun tan is coming on very nicely, though I doubt I'm abiding by DSE very well.

I wouldn't do any of that if I was working at work as I'd be too f**king lazy, I've even been able to do "overtime" shifts that I would have refused to do in the office, so it's even brought in some extra money, and I've still worked the extra 'admin' hours that I normally do from home, and I've even completed online courses that were over due, that on shift at work, I wouldn't have bothered with.

One issue is that the missus is furloughed, so also here 24/7, so I have more inane chat than in the office, but I can shut that off when working, but she's quite good and generally leaves me alone when she knows I'm busy.

Another issue is the amount of extra emails, but my policy with emails is if I don't respond, and they don't try again, then they are deleted, I generally know the important ones.

I've probably interacted with my manager(s) more than if I was in the office, when even if they are sat 5 yards away tend to email, but now we actually chat on skype, and not just about work.

Away from work, I've exercised more than if I was working at work, again I'm too bloody lazy when I'm travelling and working 14 hours, and then when on a day off I just can't be arsed.

All in all I'm still finding the experience very good :) and I'm probably more efficient, and I can also have a glass of wine whilst working, but don't tell my manager(s) (who are no doubt doing the same).

I've been working from home since early March, I love it.

I work shifts, often 12 hours, and work is about an hour away, so that's 2 hours per shift that I don't lose in my life every shift.

I've had no problem working from home at all, I've just done 4 straight shifts in a row, with all work completed ahead of normal time. The spare time on shift I can use to do things at home, that I wouldn't do if I was doing the shifts at work. I can make a meal, water and tend the plants on the balcony, sit in the sun for a bit, clean stuff when the weather is shit. I've even worked outside on the balcony quite a bit so the sun tan is coming on very nicely, though I doubt I'm abiding by DSE very well.

I wouldn't do any of that if I was working at work as I'd be too f**king lazy, I've even been able to do "overtime" shifts that I would have refused to do in the office, so it's even brought in some extra money, and I've still worked the extra 'admin' hours that I normally do from home, and I've even completed online courses that were over due, that on shift at work, I wouldn't have bothered with.

One issue is that the missus is furloughed, so also here 24/7, so I have more inane chat than in the office, but I can shut that off when working, but she's quite good and generally leaves me alone when she knows I'm busy.

Another issue is the amount of extra emails, but my policy with emails is if I don't respond, and they don't try again, then they are deleted, I generally know the important ones.

I've probably interacted with my manager(s) more than if I was in the office, when even if they are sat 5 yards away tend to email, but now we actually chat on skype, and not just about work.

Away from work, I've exercised more than if I was working at work, again I'm too bloody lazy when I'm travelling and working 14 hours, and then when on a day off I just can't be arsed.

All in all I'm still finding the experience very good :) and I'm probably more efficient, and I can also have a glass of wine whilst working, but don't tell my manager(s) (who are no doubt doing the same).

do you live near anything?

just you always seem to live far away from anything you want or need to do.
I live in a town in the home counties, I can't afford to live near work within the M25. So I have to travel to watch City, and I don't live near any family either (most are in the northwest, apart from my daughter who is in the southwest) it's hardly a unique situation in this day and age, so I wasn't sure what your response was getting at (or why it was relevant to what I posted either).

I live in a town in the home counties, I can't afford to live near work within the M25. So I have to travel to watch City, and I don't live near any family either (most are in the northwest, apart from my daughter who is in the southwest) it's hardly a unique situation in this day and age, so I wasn't sure what your response was getting at (or why it was relevant to what I posted either).

was just something I've noticed from your posts, I was expecting you to say you live in a cave in northern Venezuela 2bh but oh well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.