Huddersfield (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

City’s patience paid off. Huddersfield pulled everyone back so it was always going to be a case of get one goal and then more will follow.

Lots of decent performances but Phil sparkled and Kev reminded us out what we have been missing.

Has there been a more lacklustre 5-0 win? First 20-30 minutes was do dull and summed up our season to date, sideways or backwards, no movement.

thank God for phil, was only ever going to be him to do something. After the first we turned it up and the arrival of Doku and kdb saw us go up several levels more.

those 2 fit and firing is going to allow our game to go up 2/3 gears and the goals will flow.

Hopefully the akanji injury is nothing but impact as that was the only blight on an otherwise very comfortable and encouraging day with key players returning and half a team of academy graduates seeing minutes.

As close to as planned as we could get.
You must have been watching a different match to me. I thought we played well against a team that came to defend and barely changed their tactics when they were losing. We made it look easy but it was far from lacklustre.

Sorry but I think your comments are way out of line, Huddersfield came to put eleven men in their own area and despite that we found a way through twice in the first half. They didn’t have a shot on target until the game was lost, and several players, regulars as well as youngsters, played beautiful football. Bobb has never been on the pitch at the same time as Kevin, who looked a little rusty but showed his class. Doku too, and they combined for an excellent goal. Alvarez and Lewis were sharp, Phil was brilliant, and the defence were solid. It was far more entertaining than most of the 3rd round ties shown on TV, I think you need to explain your “lacklustre“ comment, do you want Beyonce, Taylor Swift and a laser show or something????

What didn't I explain in my original comment? We spent the first half hour going sideways and backwards around the 18 yard box. It was incredibly dull until foden decided it was time to do something. That wasnt just my opinion,
It was very evident the entire crowd felt the same way. Then we finally upped our game, killed it and understandably and correctly went to literal walking pace because it didn't need to be anything more.

As I was saying, a much better second half. Very good subs from Pep, KDB looks up to speed already, forward thinking in his play. Doku also positive and quick. Foden masterful and Gomez acquitted himself well. The only time we were really troubled was when Dias played the player and not the ball.
Well done City, did what we needed to and kept another clean sheet!

Has there been a more lacklustre 5-0 win? First 20-30 minutes was do dull and summed up our season to date, sideways or backwards, no movement.

thank God for phil, was only ever going to be him to do something. After the first we turned it up and the arrival of Doku and kdb saw us go up several levels more.

those 2 fit and firing is going to allow our game to go up 2/3 gears and the goals will flow.

Hopefully the akanji injury is nothing but impact as that was the only blight on an otherwise very comfortable and encouraging day with key players returning and half a team of academy graduates seeing minutes.

As close to as planned as we could get.
"Sideways and backwards" - the current lazy journalism.

What a great weekend of FA Cup football! Some great performances from the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, some excellent goals/assists from City players on loan then some great goals from City capped with "The Return of the King".

Special shout out to Tommy Doyle for scoring what was probably the goal of the round.

This competition stills offers some wonderful football - excited for the next round.

What a great weekend of FA Cup football! Some great performances from the likes of Sheffield Wednesday, some excellent goals/assists from City players on loan then some great goals from City capped with "The Return of the King".

Special shout out to Tommy Doyle for scoring what was probably the goal of the round.

This competition stills offers some wonderful football - excited for the next round.
Just seen that Doyle goal, excellent:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.