Huddersfield (H) | FA Cup | Post Match Thread

You must have been watching a different match to me. I thought we played well against a team that came to defend and barely changed their tactics when they were losing. We made it look easy but it was far from lacklustre.

Must have gone to a different ground then.

I didn't say we didn't play well. Don't think we were good until the first goal but overall, I'd say we played the game and occassion well, doing what we had to.

Must have gone to a different ground then.

I didn't say we didn't play well. Don't think we were good until the first goal but overall, I'd say we played the game and occassion well, doing what we had to.
Can’t see how we can be lacklustre whilst playing well. I’d say that would be mutually exclusive.

As an aside it took an absolute age to get in today due to the searches. At the start of the season it was just the pat down with the wand. Then round about November it was pat down and remove your hat. By Christmas it was pat down, remove the hat and unzip your coat. Today I was prepared, had my hat off, coat unzipped and was asked to unzip my hoodie.
By the end of the season we will all be strip searched. Prepare to start queueing at least three hours before kick off.

Can’t see how we can be lacklustre whilst playing well. I’d say that would be mutually exclusive.
Don't see why not, the vastly superior quality of our side meant we never had to be much better than 2nd gear to stroll it. We did what we had to do for a comfortable win but we were at walking pace for at least half the game.

Has there been a more lacklustre 5-0 win? First 20-30 minutes was do dull and summed up our season to date, sideways or backwards, no movement.

thank God for phil, was only ever going to be him to do something. After the first we turned it up and the arrival of Doku and kdb saw us go up several levels more.

those 2 fit and firing is going to allow our game to go up 2/3 gears and the goals will flow.

Hopefully the akanji injury is nothing but impact as that was the only blight on an otherwise very comfortable and encouraging day with key players returning and half a team of academy graduates seeing minutes.

As close to as planned as we could get.
Can I ask what were you expecting? Huddersfield to go toe to toe with us? The football equivalent of a basketball game? Huddersfield pretty much deployed a 5-5-0 set up. Which we laboured against in the first half hour. Add in the fact that we had a few players playing that wouldn't be first team regulars. It was never going to replicate the Liverpool game from 2019. We got the job done, and we move on.

Has there been a more lacklustre 5-0 win? First 20-30 minutes was do dull and summed up our season to date, sideways or backwards, no movement.
It's called patience, we were playing against basically a 6-4-0, we had to play that way, eventually it worked, and in the end we had an easy afternoon, with lots of good minutes for all kinds of players, young and experienced, and just remember who we didn't have (need).

I think that was one of the best "second string" performances we've seen to date, and some of these youngsters benefitting from playing with some of the best players in the world. I'm sure I've seen Jacob Wright play for the EDS, but I wondered who he was before kick off, like Hamilton he'll be buzzing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.