Huge Spider In My House

Mëtal Bikër said:
It's a giant house spider, It lives in your home all year round.

Putting them outside kills them as their bodies aren't adapted to cope with the cold (hence why they prefer your nice warm house.)
They don't bite and are incredibly docile. If you see one, leave it be.

Don't they just find their way into another house? It seems unlikely to me that they would die.

We also get giant house spiders in our house every year from around late August. They are so fast and truly massive. I have one of these spider catchers handy:
spidercatcher4.jpg

It's brilliant! You catch them very easily, then let them go down the street.

Mëtal Bikër said:

Putting them outside kills them as their bodies aren't adapted to cope with the cold (hence why they prefer your nice warm house.)

Ah, didn't know this. Always try and catch them and let them go outside. Are you sure? cos i seem to have a few of the big buggers living in my garage as well, as that's not heated?

Either way, now when i catch one i'm gonna let it go next to my neighbours house. I think that is very reasonable of me.

bluebrickroad said:
spiders dislike lavender, so to help keep them out of your house spray around open windows and curtains.

Someone once told me that conquers in the corner of your windows keeps them away.

Kris_Musampa said:
Mëtal Bikër said:

Ah, didn't know this. Always try and catch them and let them go outside. Are you sure? cos i seem to have a few of the big buggers living in my garage as well, as that's not heated?

Either way, now when i catch one i'm gonna let it go next to my neighbours house. I think that is very reasonable of me.
Some can survive, but they don't do very well and they'll simply find a way back into your home, kind of defeating the purpose.

You aren't doing them any favours by putting them outside, let's put it that way.

Mëtal Bikër said:
Some can survive, but they don't do very well and they'll simply find a way back into your home, kind of defeating the purpose.

You aren't doing them any favours by putting them outside, let's put it that way.

Are you sure about this? How do you know? Surely they just go into the nearest house?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.