Hughes going RUMOURS! [Merged]

crystal_mais said:
lionheart said:
If you want a replacement with a fantastic club record, look no further than FC...
Fabio Capello, who is already bored with the England job. Watch this space.

Although I am in the Keep Hughes camp. If Fabio Cappelo said today that he wants the City job, I would take him straight away. He is one manager who will command respect and also sort out all the Knobs in the dressing room (Elano, TBH, Jo etc)

You don't fuck with this guy!!
He said a while ago that his England contract would be his last; he would see that one out and retire. So not really someone we can build upon for some time tbh, so not really the best candidate for a long term project.

Halfpenny said:
crystal_mais said:
Although I am in the Keep Hughes camp. If Fabio Cappelo said today that he wants the City job, I would take him straight away. He is one manager who will command respect and also sort out all the Knobs in the dressing room (Elano, TBH, Jo etc)

You don't fuck with this guy!!
He said a while ago that his England contract would be his last; he would see that one out and retire. So not really someone we can build upon for some time tbh, so not really the best candidate for a long term project.

Ah well Lionheart had me excited for a moment then. Of all the managers in the world, he is probably the only man I would want right now.

If the rumour is true that Hughes is to be sacked (which I hope it is not), there is no manager that I feel is good enough for the job who is available right now.

And I hope they are not speaking to Sven (he is partly responsible for our current position)

Good Teams take time to build...simple...there is no short cut regardless of the manager....Chelsea had some early successs but are not so fluid right now...Look at Liverpool as a good example of a patient build up and a big enough squad to cope with injuries.They are getting very close to being Premiership winning qwuality...It has taken a long time..They have won Cups along the way but the league is their Holy Grail.
Whoever manages this club we should be more patient.It cannot happen overnight even with all the money we have. A team is not just 11 fanatstic individuals as Forest demonstrated in the Cup.On the day they were a better TEAM than us.
Patience Blues..It will come.

Re: goat the legend - Hughes going soon.... [Merged]

Brucie Bonus said:
NZBlue said:
Bollocks- we want to get the best team the world has ever seen- there is a world of difference

Sorry, by "we" I meant the owners. I don't think though that the best team would include anyone of average ability though, do you?

Eugh.

What the hell have we become?

Re: goat the legend - Hughes going soon.... [Merged]

ManCityX said:
Brucie Bonus said:
Sorry, by "we" I meant the owners. I don't think though that the best team would include anyone of average ability though, do you?

Eugh.

What the hell have we become?

I don't know. A club with a swathe of average players managed by a B grade manager who's won nowt? Oh, that was my past 28 years talking.

I thought hughes would be more of a hit here, more disipline, good relationship with the players when he came here. I also was convinced that he bought the best he could for the budget he had like bellamy, cruz, samba etc. i thought with a big budget he'd be able so show us that his ambition was the same as our owners.

He impressed me early on with the signings of zab, kompany and swp but buying TBH set off the first alarm bell for me. i believe mourinho only went for him because he needed backup, he was free and roman had cut the purse strings. and he was pretty cack at chelsea so i was more than unimpressed that we spent money on him. i think we all knew he'd be a load of shite but every manager is allowed to make mistakes in the transfer market... however he might be about to sign a player that many fans of our club would described as a trouble maker, injury prone and an average player. now if players like elano and co are being disruptive we should get rid of them but i think its more than hypicritical to bring craig bellamy in who is a bully who throws tantrums when he doesnt get his own way. hes caused major problems at newcastle and liverpool and dressing room unrest.

For whatever reason the players don't seem to have warmed to hughes. his tactics,results have raised eyebrows and he does play players out of position alot.

is he about to bring in all the players that liked him and not risk getting in ones that might question his methods ? is that a good thing if they are like lemmings who wouldnt step out of line like quiet, shy scotty parker or his best mate bellamy but with average footballing ability ?

and yes i do believe the players have a role to play in it, but i can also see their heads have dropped over the last few months. their have been games where they have managed to give so much like hull, pompey, arsenal but on the whole its been a struggle for them to try and get organised. something really isnt right within that camp and it cant just be 3-4 of them ( who from the ones named only elano can be classed as a regular starter) cannot affect things so much on the pitch. if the majority were behind hughes the 3 bad ones would have been shunned and outcast.

ok not everyone will agree with me but please no angry abusive replies. lol

NZBlue said:
a team of champions rarely makes for a champion team. You really do need a blend of ability, graft, flair and even luck to make a real winning team.

By blend of ability, you don't mean we need a couple of shit players, two or three fair to middling players, and so on?

Real Madrid, Inter, Chelsea, Man Urinal, Juventus...have not achieved success by having mediocre players: perhaps they have players with a narrow field of skills, but what they do, they do well.

Balti said:
It's too late. Let's back him and get on with it till the summer.

Well, I disagree; but it's been too late since September for someone, somewhere. Ah well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.